2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Who's the other guy?

The Canadian Conner Bedard and the Russian  Matvei Michkov

Both Eligible in 2023. However Michkov is under contract to 2026, so you may have to wait a bit for him to get to the NHL.

Lets really hope we are talking about the guys rated in the 20s or below by that draft.

• Thanks (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maybe Brayden Point. 

You make a good point about scouts being red-faced on that draft 

I forgot about point  You see how much good talents was in that draft yikes ..

I respect the scouts But how can you call a draft weak ? When covid destroyed the year for those prospects it just doesn't make sense when all  Scouts have been doing is watching videotapes thats it .  And teams are shutting down left and right during the year

It just annoying.  

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I forgot about point  You see how much good talents was in that draft yikes ..

I respect the scouts But how can you call a draft weak ? When covid destroyed the year for those prospects it just doesn't make sense when all  Scouts have been doing is watching videotapes thats it .  And teams are shutting down left and right during the year

It just annoying.  

I agree.  For anyone knows, this could be an excellent draft -- we just have scant evidence.  The scouts are likely to miss a lot more good players and select more clunkers at the top of the draft.  IMHO, the reason thus draft is considered "weak" is because there is not a broad, wide, or deep overall consensus about who slots where.

More importantly for the bottom lines of the pundits and their employers, they can't get clicks second-guessing picks for months because nobody really knows what is going on.  It won't be as simple criticising the Sabres for, say, taking Berniers over Eklund, Guenther, and Power.  Heaven forfend that they will need to work on their articles analysing and reporting on player development.

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-defencemen-dominate-top-of-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-1.1638404

I hate this list. It is bad and there are several reasons why. My favorite WTF is Anton Olsson and 32... 

"Anton Olsson, who’s garnered a bit of top-48 buzz, struggled this tournament. He didn’t post a positive result in a single category, highlighted by his complete avoidance of controlled exits. In total, he completed just nine controlled exits when pressured, while dumping the puck out or turning it over a tournament-leading (and unfathomable) 37 times, an average of 5.3 per game" https://eprinkside.com/2021/05/11/10-thoughts-from-the-u18s-bedard-vs-michkov-mctavishs-playmaking-and-more

16 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Beniers and Powers are expected to play in the Worlds.  Will be interesting to see how they do against professionals 

I remember watching Jack at the world's with Brock Nelson, 2015 spring

😞

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-defencemen-dominate-top-of-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-1.1638404

I hate this list. It is bad and there are several reasons why. My favorite WTF is Anton Olsson and 32... 

"Anton Olsson, who’s garnered a bit of top-48 buzz, struggled this tournament. He didn’t post a positive result in a single category, highlighted by his complete avoidance of controlled exits. In total, he completed just nine controlled exits when pressured, while dumping the puck out or turning it over a tournament-leading (and unfathomable) 37 times, an average of 5.3 per game" https://eprinkside.com/2021/05/11/10-thoughts-from-the-u18s-bedard-vs-michkov-mctavishs-playmaking-and-more

My favorite  is  l'heureux hes my 2nd rounder   I laugh at who ever drafts him top ten really hard .

They just love forcing these guys in the top 10 Crouse was the killer  last time

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

I remember watching Jack at the world's with Brock Nelson, 2015 spring

😞

That was fun 

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

My favorite  is  l'heureux hes my 2nd rounder   I laugh at who ever drafts him top ten really hard .

They just love forcing these guys in the top 10 Crouse was the killer  last time

That was fun 

Lawson Crouse... 

star wars GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Super weird looking list.  I do appreciate that he isn’t afraid to just put the guys where he thinks they should be.  It’s boring when every list looks the same.  I generally don’t like Button’s rankings though.

2 hours ago, rakish said:

He does, he actually spends time on this stuff. That said, I don't like his lists haha.

Also Scouching says Power really needs another year in college if you really want to get the most from him. He also talks about another thing that we don't think enough about... being too big. At some point your size can be a hinderance. Chara is always the counter to this but he is the exception. Myers I think would be a better player if he were 3 inches shorter. I think Power can and will be exploited by shorter but more agile speedy forwards such as an Eklund type player. That isn't to say Power is not good, just something to consider, as I noted he has crept back into my top 5 as I have done more work on the draft. 

4 hours ago, Norcal said:

This kid is scoring big goals in his team's championship series.

Looks like most recent ranking is #44. Anyone like this guy as a prospect?

Not necessarily a Sabre. 

Did we not learn enough from our last Jack!? (Haven’t done much research on him but Jack Peart is actually a really good hockey name)

55 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Did we not learn enough from our last Jack!? (Haven’t done much research on him but Jack Peart is actually a really good hockey name)

Not necessarily as a Sabres target but just hearing about him lately. He's a shampoo commercial waiting to happen. 

29 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Not necessarily as a Sabres target but just hearing about him lately. He's a shampoo commercial waiting to happen. 

I imagine anyone we discuss is discussed in terms of being a potential Sabres target and if people like him it’d make sense to consider him.

If we keep all of our picks, this draft will make or break this team. We just started to get a little momentum with our passed picks but this is the first time in years we have a full slate of picks to really start to add depth in our prospect pool. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.