Joseph R. Biden, Your Thoughts On His Presidency

SABRES 0311

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

Hopefully the Republicans won't suffer whiplash from the 180 they are going to take on presidential actions

Hawley already trying to block cabinet appointees. 

That said, Biden as some work to do and I remain skeptical. The student debt crisis still exists. Millions are still out of work. 3-4k people are dying every day of COVID. Their are literally traitors in the house and senate. 

• 1 month later...

I'm glad then.  They are already throwing money around like it won't have major consequences on the economy.  

The theoretical value of the USD... I cannot wait.  

There are people who need COVID relief, but a lot of people who do not are going to get money.  Just like a lot of companies who didn't need the PPP got money.  The government sucks at these things.

On 3/10/2021 at 8:48 AM, LGR4GM said:

Biden backing down on the minimum wage and pushing his 10k off student debt is peak centrist *****. 

I love how extremists use "centrist" as a pagorative.

Edited by SwampD

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Answer my question. 

Are you calling me an extremists?

You have more extreme views than most on this board.

Hope that answers your question.

Just now, SwampD said:

Or should I say, you have views that are more extreme than most on this board.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Or should I say, you have views that are more extreme than most on this board.

So a higher minimum wage is extremist. That's something. 

But yes you answered my question. 

I'm not certain you know what that word means. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So a higher minimum wage is extremist. That's something. 

But yes you answered my question. 

I'm not certain you know what that word means. 

Pretty sure you want it to mean something else.

I'll go with M-W's take - a person who favors rapid and sweeping changes especially in laws and methods of government.

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Pretty sure you want it to mean something else.

I'll go with M-W's take - a person who favors rapid and sweeping changes especially in laws and methods of government.

I didn't ask for rapid and sweeping changes. I asked for a minimum that hasn't been raised in 20 years to be raised. 

Again, you don't understand the terminology or the connotations behind the word "extremist". Or you are picking a definition that is deliberately narrow in an attempt to ignore other stigmas attached to the term you used. 

I somehow doubt your ignorance, which means it's deliberate and you fully understand. 

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I didn't ask for rapid and sweeping changes. I asked for a minimum that hasn't been raised in 20 years to be raised. 

Again, you don't understand the terminology or the connotations behind the word "extremist". Or you are picking a definition that is deliberately narrow in an attempt to ignore other stigmas attached to the term you used. 

I somehow doubt your ignorance, which means it's deliberate and you fully understand. 

I didn't say you were a violent extremist. Which is what I'm sure you immediately jumped to in your head. I said you were an extremist. Given the discussions around here, I think it's a pretty good assesment.

Maybe it would have better if I said you were a moderate extremist.

Just now, SwampD said:

I didn't say you were a violent extremist. Which is what I'm sure you immediately jumped to in your head. I said you were an extremist. Given the discussions around here, I think it's a pretty good assesment.

A college bi extremist, a lukewarm extremist, a tepid extremist, or as fox News would say not an american?

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

The minimum wage would be between 11-14 dollars depending on how you calculate inflation if it went up with inflation. That's just one factor, one reason too raise it. 

Moderate extremist isn't a thing. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The minimum wage would be between 11-14 dollars depending on how you calculate inflation if it went up with inflation. That's just one factor, one reason too raise it. 

Moderate extremist isn't a thing. 

I know. It was a joke.

I didn’t make a comment on the minimum wage. It should be raised.

My comment was on the use of the term centrist as a negative. I’m sick and tired of being governed by the extremes, from both sides.

As someone just a tick left of center (I think), no matter who is in power, I’m supposed to be outraged by something. It’s exhausting.

I wish there were more centrists.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I know. It was a joke.

My comment was on the use of the term centrist as a negative. I’m sick and tired of being governed by the extremes, from both sides.

As someone just a tick left of center (I think), no matter who is in power, I’m supposed to be outraged by something. It’s exhausting.

Centrism in the US is right wing in most European countries. And I will repeat what I said, Biden is a centrists and  afraid of the far right, hence why he shifts their way in order to appease them even though NO republican in congress is going to support his policies regardless of how far to the right he moves because there is a D in front of his name. Biden folding on the minimum wage is "centrist *****". It is appeasement for a group that cannot be appeased. 

There will never be more centrists until we fix our elections. 

Edited by LGR4GM

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

I know. It was a joke.

From my POV you are a bit left of center (maybe more than a bit).  From my POV Liger is more outer level left, aka extreme.  And unflinching as well.  Sometimes words with bad connotations can be used accurately without the bad connotation.  It is what it is.

And sometimes we just need to accept where we are.