Joseph R. Biden, Your Thoughts On His Presidency

SABRES 0311

17 hours ago, Weave said:

From my POV you are a bit left of center (maybe more than a bit).  From my POV Liger is more outer level left, aka extreme.  And unflinching as well.  Sometimes words with bad connotations can be used accurately without the bad connotation.  It is what it is.

And sometimes we just need to accept where we are.

He didn't use the word "extreme", he specifically used the word "extremist". 

This is like using the word level when you mean rankings. They aren't the same. You would also be shocked to know some of my views are so centrist that even Republicans would agree with me. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

This is like using the word level when you mean rankings. They aren't the same. You would also be shocked to know some of my views are so centrist that even Republicans would agree with me. 

Again, you are taking my term “extremist” and applying the meaning for “violent extremist” to it. That’s not how I meant it because that’s not what it means. You’re implied meanings are your problem, not mine.

I know lots of extremists. I even agree with some of them at times. I often agree with you!

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Again, you are taking my term “extremist” and applying the meaning for “violent extremist” to it. That’s not how I meant it because that’s not what it means. You’re implied meanings are your problem, not mine.

I know lots of extremists. I even agree with some of them at times. I often agree with you!

Extremist and violent extremist have been used interchangeably for years. Kind of like Kleenex and facial tissues

44 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

Extremist and violent extremist have been used interchangeably for years. Kind of like Kleenex and facial tissues

Again, it’s semantics.

We are allowed to have extreme views. We have that right as Americans. We are not allowed to be violent about them.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

And the irony is, 311 complained about the same when Liger (and myself, and others) used words and definitions that were similar in use and context but on the other side of the spectrum.  So there is that too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He's starting to get on my nerves with some of this infrastructure spending stuff.  We don't have a lot of extra money right now, Joe.  And I love trains as much as you do, but the market has spoken and most people seem to prefer to fly or drive.

• Like (+1) 1

Get used to it.  Throw money at the problem, it solves everything.  Our money is unlimited.. we can print all we want.

BARF.

The fact that there is a petition with over 2.5 million signatures supporting a $2k/month "stimulus" check makes me want to drop kick random people on the street.

Honestly I don't think trains would be a bad thing. But now's not the time.  Right now you can't afford to buy the steel required to build the infrastructure, the semiconductors required for the electronics to control it.  That's the problem.

I'd say save up, but honestly I'd rather say better to take your money and put it in something less volatile than the USD... because we're about 2 months from getting royally screwed.\

Also, this is not a Biden issue.  Continued spending would be.  It's not a Trump issue either.  This is a COVID rearranged the economy issue and the world has not adapted yet issue.

Edited by LTS

On 5/9/2021 at 2:45 PM, Eleven said:

He's starting to get on my nerves with some of this infrastructure spending stuff.  We don't have a lot of extra money right now, Joe.  And I love trains as much as you do, but the market has spoken and most people seem to prefer to fly or drive.

That's because we don't have high speed rail like a lot of other places. If I could take high speed rail from say Buffalo to Toronto, I would go to TO a lot more often. 

• 1 month later...

Tuned into the post summit press conferences.  The journalists questioning Biden did better than the ones questioning Putin IMO.  Too many compound questions which opened the door for Putin to dance around.  Looks like the meeting was hyped to be more than it was.  Biden getting irritated with a reporter at the end.

Cyber issues appear to be the main concern.  The proposal of 16 off limits areas for cyber attacks is…interesting.

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Well some classified documents seem to have been mishandled/stored improperly. Don’t see much happening as a result though.

You would think these guys would have a heightened level of respect for classified info.

yeah I don’t see much coming from it either.  Biden appears to be cooperating at least.

11 hours ago, Weave said:

You would think these guys would have a heightened level of respect for classified info.

yeah I don’t see much coming from it either.  Biden appears to be cooperating at least.

I can’t imagine Biden or Trump personally carried them from the WH to their current locations. In Biden’s case the amount of documents might have resulted from a quick pack out and not being very diligent. I haven’t heard what the documents contain. That info might make me change my perception.

Edited by SABRES 0311

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2023 at 6:36 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

I can’t imagine Biden or Trump personally carried them from the WH to their current locations. In Biden’s case the amount of documents might have resulted from a quick pack out and not being very diligent. I haven’t heard what the documents contain. That info might make me change my perception.

Right but in Trump's case they knew for over a year they had the items and refused to return them. It's like if I stuff something in pocket at the store and forget to pay for it but immediately do, no worries, mistakes happen versus punching the security guard and running away

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Right but in Trump's case they knew for over a year they had the items and refused to return them. It's like if I stuff something in pocket at the store and forget to pay for it but immediately do, no worries, mistakes happen versus punching the security guard and running away

That story seemed to lose traction. Or I I just don’t watch much tv news. I’d be interested to know what the construction of the room was and specific classification of the documents. 

• 6 months later...