So #8

spndnchz

This all pretty much amounts to a viewing experience much like the lottery - hoping we DON'T see our logo/guy come up in the first several selections. If the scouts are to be believed and Sanderson is marked to be gone, it's all about if Rossi falls he's ours and if not it's Quinn. 

It really does seem like Rossi and Sanderson are viewed as potential cornerstone pieces and Quinn more of a nice add. Someone in that above twitter thread phrased it like that and I think it makes sense. 

As an argument for trading up, actually.

From what we've heard about Sanderson expected to go higher, I'd bet Adams' ranking is something like Rossi/Sanderson/Quinn. I think that's the order. Quinn probably creeping into the conversation as an option because the thought is Sanderson could be gone. 

Or maybe it's Sanderson/Rossi/Quinn

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, fiftyone said:

I wonder if the decision becomes difficult if Drysdale is there -- someone who they probably expected to be long gone for much of this process.

I'd imagine he could fall in that category, him and guys like Perfetti and Raymond. But with Sanderson/Rossi/Quinn being considered by KA to be the 3 most in play. 

Edited by Thorny

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It really does seem like Rossi and Sanderson are viewed as potential cornerstone pieces and Quinn more of a nice add. Someone in that above twitter thread phrased it like that and I think it makes sense.

I think that's a good read.

And it fits with that intel from a few weeks back that Adams wasn't thrilled with the guys around 8. Maybe they have a tier drop before 8 and those two are in their top tier and they didn't expect them to be there at 8. Now one might be.

Also fits with the idea of Quinn being their favourite among the guys they think actually will be there.

Just now, dudacek said:

Last year, didn't they have Cozens at 5 and were focused on Zegras at 7 before Yzerman surprised everyone with the Seider pick?

That was my impression. Botterill kicking and screaming his way (in his mind, I'd imagine lol) to having to grudgingly pick from the CHL in the face on undeniable talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.