Jump to content
Brawndo

Gerald Gallant Fired by Vegas

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Eleven said:

Which could be what happened here.  Maybe Vegas wanted DeBoer all along, reached out to him after San Jose fired him, and decided that now is the time when they actually can get him.

Judging by how fast it happened, I think they immediately wanted DeBoer and just wanted until there was any half assed reason to pull the trigger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Eleven said:

Which could be what happened here.  Maybe Vegas wanted DeBoer all along, reached out to him after San Jose fired him, and decided that now is the time when they actually can get him.

 

52 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Judging by how fast it happened, I think they immediately wanted DeBoer and just wanted until there was any half assed reason to pull the trigger. 

This is probably correct.

However, how does any of this help the Sabres?  We aren’t firing RK, we aren’t firing the assistants mid-season and we aren’t hiring Gallant.

Right about now he had his wife are depositing their big check and booking a cruise or nice vacation away from hockey, the media and enjoying themselves.  They know he won’t be out of work long so might as well enjoy their time off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

 

This is probably correct.

However, how does any of this help the Sabres?  We aren’t firing RK, we aren’t firing the assistants mid-season and we aren’t hiring Gallant.

Right about now he had his wife are depositing their big check and booking a cruise or nice vacation away from hockey, the media and enjoying themselves.  They know he won’t be out of work long so might as well enjoy their time off.

Or you strike when the irons hot.

If he's a hot commodity and he is getting phone calls he's a busy man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Or you strike when the irons hot.

If he's a hot commodity and he is getting phone calls he's a busy man.

Why do people assume he can make this roster more effective?  He just got fired (for the 2nd time) because his playoff caliber team was under-performing.  We are missing our 2 best finishers, we lack a legit 2C, our goaltending is suspect, and we stink on the pk partly because we can’t win a draw and our goalies are suspect.  How is hiring Gallant going to fix a defective roster? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why do people assume he can make this roster more effective?  He just got fired (for the 2nd time) because his playoff caliber team was under-performing.  We are missing our 2 best finishers, we lack a legit 2C, our goaltending is suspect, and we stink on the pk partly because we can’t win a draw and our goalies are suspect.  How is hiring Gallant going to fix a defective roster? 

Hold up. The GM claimed this but it doesn't make it true. 

You are going to have to give me evidence of this because I keep seeing beat this drum and honestly unless a center is 100% garbage on faceoffs they really don't matter a ton. Sure you get a goal directly off of them here and there but in the grand scheme not sure how often we really see that occur. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Get on the bandwagon fire someone!

Sabres gotta play the Sabres for that to happen.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why do people assume he can make this roster more effective?  He just got fired (for the 2nd time) because his playoff caliber team was under-performing.  We are missing our 2 best finishers, we lack a legit 2C, our goaltending is suspect, and we stink on the pk partly because we can’t win a draw and our goalies are suspect.  How is hiring Gallant going to fix a defective roster? 

I must have miss represented myself.

 

I don't want him. I don't think Gallant is anything better than what we have and would argue not even as good.

But if he  has been let go for all the wrong reasons and other GM's feel he is an upgrade he may be a hot item and is getting calls.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

From John Scott re Allstar game: Awesome!

 

That's awesome!

In all seriousness, does it take much to coach an All-Star game?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, shrader said:

Why?  Carolina didn't make a coaching change.

That's funny, but he only jumped to Carolina when his beloved (as in 2nd team) Panthers were not going to make the playoffs and they had fired his most beloved coach, Gallant, if I recall correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...