GDT: Sabres at Bruins, 7 p.m. ET, 12/29/19 (MSG, ESPN+)

PASabreFan

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Disappointed, but the Sabres played their ***** off this game.  They don't have the talent to match Boston, but I thought the effort was there.

Krueger's lasting legacy so far (aside from very likely killing Eichel) is making a poor talent team play up to their potential through strong efforts, rather than to a level less than the sum of it's parts, as we've seen in the past. 

He's making Bahtrill look really bad. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Slack_in_MA said:

What kind of team is Botterill attempting to build? Honest question. I'm seeing a team built for a Finnish league, or maybe the Hockey East. Seriously, what kind of team are we building here?

Certainly not anything competitive enough to be a serious NHL team. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Krueger's lasting legacy so far (aside from very likely killing Eichel) is making a poor talent team play up to their potential through strong efforts, rather than to a level less than the sum of it's parts, as we've seen in the past. 

RFK is goin' all Gestalt on this team!

4 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

What kind of team is Botterill attempting to build? Honest question. I'm seeing a team built for a Finnish league, or maybe the Hockey East. Seriously, what kind of team are we building here?

A Euro styled team so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

We played better than I expected. Bruins are starting to show their age and they struggled a little when we were skating full out (mostly 2nd period) but we don't maintain it and we don't have finishers/scorers. Can't count how many times though they simply outworked or outmuscled us for loose pucks. They aren't the big bad Bruins, but they are so so much tougher/stronger than us.

Ullmark gaffed the 3rd goal. We simply can't afford those sort of things, we just aren't good enough.

Didn't think Kyle was any worse than Sam on that line so I'd leave that one until Skinner comes back. Larsson played well until he took his lazy stick penalties. I still say Lazar deserves to stay on the roster over ERod. He isn't highly skilled, but I like his effort and work ethic. We need a lot more of that from the entire roster.

Next, we get bounced around the rink by a Tampa team who likes to practice their attempted tough game (which they don't really have against tough teams) against us. And thus ends a decade of futility.

2 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

I think they need to start scouting the western Canada hockey leagues, with a few big guys who can skate and hit. The scorers will flourish.

Cozens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.