2019 NHL Draft

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

Bettman is so f-ing unlikeable.

Holy *****.

I don't know, I like him, if for no other reason than for 20 years I've heard every fan base across the league boo the ***** out of him on draft day ?

So, he is like the fan whisperer in that regard, bringing us all together for 1 day a year ?

• Haha (+1) 1

I'll have the draft on mute until we're on the clock. Meanwhile, last minute ON The Clock draft I just finished:

7: R1P7

C KIRBY DACH
SASKATOON
31: R1P31

RW BRETT LEASON
PRINCE ALBERT
67: R3P5

D CASE MCCARTHY
U.S. U-18
98: R4P5

D CADE WEBBER
RIVERS ACADEMY
160: R6P5

G ISIAH SAVILLE
TRI-CITY
175: R6P20
LW ALEXEI TSYPLAKOV
SKA
177: R6P22

D HUNTER SKINNER
LINCOLN
191: R7P5
C GARRETT PINONIEMI
HOLY FAMILY CATHOLIC

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We draft a goalie in the top 10... I might be done with this management team. 

Pardon my ignorance, but why is it so bad to pick a goalie in the first? These are people who can singlehandedly win games for you. Wouldn’t we have liked this last season?

1 minute ago, kas23 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but why is it so bad to pick a goalie in the first? These are people who can singlehandedly win games for you. Wouldn’t we have liked this last season?

Because I can find one in literally every other round. Also... how many cups does Carey Price have? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Because I can find one in literally every other round. Also... how many cups does Carey Price have? 

Of course you can find one in any round. Franchise QBs can be found in any round too, as can HOF wingers. Is it that top goalie prospects rarely pan out?

Just now, kas23 said:

Of course you can find one in any round. Franchise QBs can be found in any round too, as can HOF wingers. Is it that top goalie prospects rarely pan out?

Oh stop that. Hall of fame QBs come almost exclusively from round 1. 

And yes, goalies at 18 are very risky picks. 6K wasn't the top goalie and wasn't a first round pick. 

2 minutes ago, kas23 said:

IMHO ...  while goalies can singlehandedly win, so can other positional players.  Even if you assume they can disproportionately influence a game, it’s not enough to overcome the need for ten skaters per goalie on a team.  There are too many slots to fill that are non-goalie.   That, and they are developmentally uncertain, I believe, more so than forwards and defensemen.