GDT - Devils @ Sabres, 7:00pm MSG, 1/8/2019

North Buffalo

Just now, Thorny said:

Should we be looking at the value Eichel might fetch in a deal? The Sabres have proven they are a better team without him after posting a better win% in the games without him, than with, assuming he's back next game. 

No.

TT with Jack and Skinner.

Sam with Sheary.

Mitts with CJ.

Z with Larry.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

But thing thing is:  He *can* carry the play.  He's a shoot-first winger with decent wheels and puck-handling skills, and not too bad on the back check.

IF Thompson can carry the play, we should try him at Centre, no?  Where he has experience. 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

No.

TT with Jack and Skinner.

Sam with Sheary.

Mitts with CJ.

Z with Larry.

Right but Sobotka provided what Eichel does (but better - we won by 4) in that top line role, for a fraction of the cost. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

If Thompson can carry the play, we should try him at Centre. Where he has experience. 

I agree.  Now would be a good time while we're thin at center, but I also don't mind sheltering him a bit and letting him get comfortable at a NHL level without the center's level of responsibility.  I also don't mind the idea of him as a "secondary center" kind of like Reino is- someone who can carry the play, make good plays, but does so as a complement to the line's center (not to say that Thompson and Reino play the same style, but just that both could be good in that role).

Just now, Thorny said:

Right but Sobotka provided what Eichel does (but better - we won by 4) in that top line role, for a fraction of the cost. 

Against the 13th placed team. I do think the PP with Jack sitting on the wall needs to change. But TBH I guess if the price is right you do what’s best for the team.

Well I really switched this one up, no early GDT post.  I did post the last 3 games but I have not been able to watch the games. Today no post but watched the whole game.

That was a solid game. I liked the way they played. They competed on pucks, checked all over the ice and out worked NJ most of the game. They got solid goal tending and Phil finally put together line combinations that worked well. It didn't hurt that Girgenson was back either. 

That's a formula that can work while Jack mends and should be used even when he returns. Break up that top line in a like fashion even when Jack is back. 

Nice to see them play a smart simple game and it pay off. 

Thank you Sir may i have another...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

Against the 13th placed team. I do think the PP with Jack sitting on the wall needs to change. But TBH I guess if the price is right you do what’s best for the team.

I just sarcastically talked you into trading Eichel. Where do I claim my internet prize? ?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Tage - Eichel - Skins

Samson - ERod - Sheary

? - Mitts - C.J. 

? - Zemgus - Larry 

You have Okposo, Pommers, and Vlad. Who gets scratched? 

Exactly.

Put Vlad with Z and Larry where his scoring suppression helps.

Rotate CJ, Okposo and pommers based on who's hot and keeping the vets fresh

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’m seeing 6. 

They just showed a graphic in the post game for the three stars that said 11. Maybe attempted?

1 minute ago, Stu said:

After Antipin last year he has been such a pleasant surprise 

I never once thought of him in the same vein as Antipin.  I'm not sure why, but they just never seemed equivalent to me.  Possibly it was that Antipin is from Kazakhstan so was a bit of a fish out of water in North America.  Pilut on the other hand is the Swedish son of an American, and came over to the U.S. to play on a team with a wealth of other Swedes.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Tage - Eichel - Skins

Samson - ERod - Sheary

? - Mitts - C.J. 

? - Zemgus - Larry 

You have Okposo, Pommers, and Vlad. Who gets scratched? 

Pommers/Vlad to the fourth. Odd man scratched.

KO to the third.

Or scratch all three and give some Amerks a shot. It worked for CJ and Pilut. Lightening might strike again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.