Midterm Election Results 11/6/18

Sabel79

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Now this is good, juicy stuff. 

Unlike the biggest myth ever created, that turkey can be a juicy meat, and tastes good 

Anywho, peace out politics, until 2020!! The start of a glorious, peaceful, and quiet stretch of time

Dude, how bad of a cook was yer moms?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You started this club!

After spending 4 years in college getting a degree in political science I learned one thing.  Politics are anything but useful and I learned to despise them.

Pretty awesome that.

Every now and then something meaningful happens, but most of the time it's the same old predictable garbage.

I hate elections in this country.

4 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I voted for the first time tonight.  Probably not something I should admit, but there you have it.

I didn't vote.  I didn't feel like taking the time to leave the house and wait in a line (if there was one) so I could choose between two flavors of crap.  Sure, I could create a flavor of my own choosing by writing it in, but we all know that's not going to go anywhere so why bother?

1 minute ago, LTS said:

After spending 4 years in college getting a degree in political science I learned one thing.  Politics are anything but useful and I learned to despise them.

Pretty awesome that.

Every now and then something meaningful happens, but most of the time it's the same old predictable garbage.

I didn't vote.  I didn't feel like taking the time to leave the house and wait in a line (if there was one) so I could choose between two flavors of crap.  Sure, I could create a flavor of my own choosing by writing it in, but we all know that's not going to go anywhere so why bother?

There were a lot of downballot races where I live.  

Come on, man.  It's half an hour.  A lot less if you go in the morning.  Please vote next year.

Just now, Eleven said:

There were a lot of downballot races where I live.  

Come on, man.  It's half an hour.  A lot less if you go in the morning.  Please vote next year.

I don't think you are selling me.

I don't support any candidate on the ballots.. why would I vote?

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

Pretty awesome that.

12 minutes, door to door for me.

The less they think you care, the less they care about your district.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LTS said:

Pretty awesome that.

If you hate both parties and don't like any candidates you have to choose from, that's all well and good. But this bit is mostly nonsense. Politics are important and have very real consequences for people. That you dislike the choices doesn't change that basic fact.

1 minute ago, LTS said:

I don't think you are selling me.

I don't support any candidate on the ballots.. why would I vote?

Write someone in, then.  I hate to be that guy, but not that long ago, like in the fifties and sixties, there was a large portion of the population who couldn't vote, and a lot of people died so that they could.  Just go do it next time.

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

If you hate both parties and don't like any candidates you have to choose from, that's all well and good. But this bit is mostly nonsense. Politics are important and have very real consequences for people. That you dislike the choices doesn't change that basic fact.

Politics is not governance.  Governance is useful.  Politics is nothing more than trying to figure out if a whopper or big mac are better for you.  (When neither are).

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Write someone in, then.  I hate to be that guy, but not that long ago, like in the fifties and sixties, there was a large portion of the population who couldn't vote, and a lot of people died so that they could.  Just go do it next time.

It's not like I never vote.  I didn't vote this time.  As I said, I could go to the polling place and choose my own flavor but that flavor isn't going to be elected.  The options this time around did not impress me.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

She's outstanding. I've had Thanksgiving cooked by many people in my life. I've tasted the spectrum of turkey, as judged by many competent adults. It's all dry and disgusting.

Your last name is Griswald, isn't it?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LTS said:

Politics is not governance.  Governance is useful.  Politics is nothing more than trying to figure out if a whopper or big mac are better for you.  (When neither are).

Governance is inseparable from politics. Governance oozes politics. You cannot have one without the other.

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Governance is inseparable from politics. Governance oozes politics. You cannot have one without the other.

Fine, I can find a different word.  My point is the act of governing the country is incredibly important. The political process by which the United States has devolved into doing so is incredibly less so.  It's basically a pile of shite.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It's like no one has ever heard the term brine before.

No need to get salty.

Curious @Eleven - if you had to go somewhere and choose your turkey but smoked wasn't an option and if you asked for it by name they wouldn't give it to you, would you still show up to get a turkey?

Edited by LTS

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

A sh*t bird is always going to be a sh*t bird

What's a sh@thawk, Julian?

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

@Randall Flagg When the guy who likes green beans with his steak is on your side, you should change sides.

Green beans are awesome with anything.  There's a reason they put a green bean casserole on the table on Thanksgiving.  It's so there's something to eat.

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

Curious @Eleven - if you had to go somewhere and choose your turkey but smoked wasn't an option and if you asked for it by name they wouldn't give it to you, would you still show up to get a turkey?

I'm not sure I understand this.  It's pretty late so maybe that's why?  But I really don't get the question.  Am I asking the turkey's name?  Or stating how I'd like the turkey to be cooked?  Or...?