Chris Collins Arrested by FBI

Eleven

Replying to @RepChrisCollins

You know, Chris, every time I've met you, and there have been several, I've resisted the urge to tell you what I think about you, mostly because I respected the folks whose company you were in. But I also always came away feeling like I needed a chlorine shower. You're slimy. Bye

28 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Was coming here to post this. 

Quelle Suprise.

Pas de surprise.  The rumors have been swirling for over a year.

As for my prior comment to Chris--I want to note that I also have met Carl Paladino a number of times and have not had the same reaction to him.  He might be a bit of a nut whom I disagree with, but he's at least true to himself. 

Edited by Eleven

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

At first I thought we'd all be spared some awful color commentary on football broadcasts... then I really read the thread title.

Big surprise.

Second time I've said it in this thread--these rumors have been circulating for a long time.

Is the surprise that the US Attorney actually did something about it?

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Second time I've said it in this thread--these rumors have been circulating for a long time.

Is the surprise that the US Attorney actually did something about it?

Let me try that again...

<sarcasm>Big surprise.</sarcasm>

I initially planned on using the following, but you said you didn't get the GIFs.. ?

giphy.gif

Hah.. just read some more about this.

So, just before the failed clinical trial was announced Collins kids and his sons girlfriends family sod 53% of the total shares in Innate.

Like that would not attract attention...

Jesus.. people are so dumb.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Hah.. just read some more about this.

So, just before the failed clinical trial was announced Collins kids and his sons girlfriends family sod 53% of the total shares in Innate.

Like that would not attract attention...

Jesus.. people are so dumb.

I believe it was 53% of the shares traded that day and not 53% of the total capitalization.

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I believe it was 53% of the shares traded that day and not 53% of the total capitalization.

Ahhh yes... thanks for that.  Found another quote about it.  Dear god.. these are stupid people.

Innate is not an especially large company. As a result, per the SEC: "The sales by Cameron Collins, his girlfriend, and her parents, including Stephen Zarsky, made up more than 53% of the stock's trading volume [on June 23] and exceeded Innate's 15-day average trading volume by more than 1,454%."

6 minutes ago, LTS said:

Ahhh yes... thanks for that.  Found another quote about it.  Dear god.. these are stupid people.

Innate is not an especially large company. As a result, per the SEC: "The sales by Cameron Collins, his girlfriend, and her parents, including Stephen Zarsky, made up more than 53% of the stock's trading volume [on June 23] and exceeded Innate's 15-day average trading volume by more than 1,454%."

Now that part, I didn't know.  Wow.

And yes they are stupid.  

33 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I wish I was stupid enough to be rich enough to commit stupid financial crimes. 

If you are willing to work off insider information you will find the money.  Even small amounts can add up pretty fast depending on which way you play it.  I could probably make a good amount on my own companies stock if I was willing to care about it.  I know which way things are going before they get reported to the Street.

I'm just not willing to do it.  But our stock is like $3/share so it wouldn't take a massive investment to get a return.  Do it a few quarters by re-investing your earnings from the insider information and you'll have a decent amount to play with (or save) or whatever.

Still... no thanks.  I'm not into securities fraud and putting the financial safety of my family at risk.

The girlfriend's family in the Collins case raided their 401k to invest.  It was a sure bet... until they had to get out in a hurry, all of them.  Now imagine what would have happened had the clinical trial been a success.  No one would even know about the insider information at this point.  They would be very well off and could sell the shares more slowly to reap the rewards.

Yep... pointless drivel.  The dude is scum.. probably not any worse than 95% of the politicians he interacts with either.  But he got caught.

Who the hell knows, perhaps the Democrats arranged for the drug trial to fail so there'd be a stock sell off reaction that would allow him to be arrested for insider trading so it could open up the race in this district.

It sounds crazy... but in the world of politics I almost think any level of insanity is possible.

He's still the hoser who put himself in this situation and is a complete tool releasing a statement like that.

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 8:50 PM, Eleven said:

I just had to shake his hand.  Again.  Like within the last three minutes.  Ewwwwwww

Clorox will kill whatever you might have caught.  A few moments of discomfort sure beats a lifetime of regret.

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 11:13 AM, LTS said:

Yep... pointless drivel.  The dude is scum.. probably not any worse than 95% of the politicians he interacts with either.  But he got caught.

Who the hell knows, perhaps the Democrats arranged for the drug trial to fail so there'd be a stock sell off reaction that would allow him to be arrested for insider trading so it could open up the race in this district.

It sounds crazy... but in the world of politics I almost think any level of insanity is possible.

He's still the hoser who put himself in this situation and is a complete tool releasing a statement like that.

If it was influenced by D's in the FDA, they'd have been smarter to delay the announcement until after the primaries next month.  The R's will most likely be able to have a challenger win in September & then it will be a tough race to turn the seat blue.

Had it gone to October, the seat would've gone D for certain.

32 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If it was influenced by D's in the FDA, they'd have been smarter to delay the announcement until after the primaries next month.  The R's will most likely be able to have a challenger win in September & then it will be a tough race to turn the seat blue.

Had it gone to October, the seat would've gone D for certain.

The drug trial was in Australia, so it wasn't influenced by anyone in the FDA.  And the announcement of the failure was in June 2017.  And the primaries were a couple of months ago!

EDITING to add:  As I understand it--and I am by no means an expert on New York's byzantine election laws--Collins will remain on the ballot unless he is (1) appointed to another elected office (which Cuomo isn't going to do); (2) dead; or (3) moves out of state.  He could move to his home in Florida and set up residency there.  (There is nothing preventing him from leaving the state right now.)  But he'd have to give up the seat for the remainder of his term if he did that, I think.

Edited by Eleven

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The drug trial was in Australia, so it wasn't influenced by anyone in the FDA.  And the announcement of the failure was in June 2017.  And the primaries were a couple of months ago!

You sure about the primaries?  There's 1 being held on September 13.

But the rest points towards this not having been politically motivated.  Which was the (very poorly stated) point of the post you were responding to.