Chris Collins Arrested by FBI

Eleven

21 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He will plead guilty, the GOP will get someone in there to run as an incumbent in 2020 (likely Jacobs, I would think), and Trump will pardon Collins & son once sentenced, is my guess.  (Don't forget that Collins was the first congressperson to support Trump.)

Don’t be surprised if Bellavia gets the Republican nod.  Also a Trump supporter and just accepted a Medal of Honor award.  Rings all the bells.

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Don’t be surprised if Bellavia gets the Republican nod.  Also a Trump supporter and just accepted a Medal of Honor award.  Rings all the bells.

But Jacobs has all that sweet, sweet cash that you know GOPAC wants.  It's an eight county district, so there's going to be some horse trading with the provinces, and even with Monroe County, too.

Edited by Eleven

8 hours ago, Weave said:

Saw a report today that Collins will be pleading guilty and his son will change his plea to guilty.

After all of the bluster about fake news.  And a re-election.

Odds of Trump letting him off the hook with a pardon?

It's almost as if calling something "fake news" is code for "it's true."

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Bellavia or Jacobs should enjoy their two year stint. 

With the census and redistricting coming in 2020, I doubt that Democratically Controlled New York State Government allows the 27th district to survive as is. 

Here's hoping. The 27th is the most insane district in the state.

• 3 months later...

Collins will be handed his sentence tomorrow. His crime was selfish and self serving yet he ran for re-election to “serve” his constituents.  ***** that guy. I hope the judge delivers his sentence with a heavy hand. Set a standard for future representatives. 

3 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

26 months. I'm sure it'll be at a country club prison and he'll get out plenty early, but hey, at least it's something. 

I want to puke.

Mr. Collins delivered an extended statement before he was sentenced, sobbing and shuddering at times, apologizing to those he hurt and lied to, including his family, his constituents, the F.B.I., his former colleagues in Congress and President Trump.” 

This dirtbag was at the Hemlock Fair a few years ago with a huge buffer of people so no one could talk to him. The photographer got his shots in when the buffer parted long enough for him to smile and shake the hand of some random hick. He’s always been a terrible person. He’s never cared about his constituents. He deserved a greater punishment.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

And the folks here in the core area of the 27th are still saying they would rather vote for him while he is in prison than vote for a Dem.  Politics is every bit as hateful towards the other side as religion and racism.

I’m not naive to the fact that fervor for politics exists, I’m just blown away that a particular geographic could have such a high concentration of it. I’m in the very eastern part of the 27th and although there were a few that stuck with him last election, the majority of the Republicans out here not only didn’t support him, they fought tooth and nail to elect the Dem. Who in their friggin right mind would want a representative that had effectively given away all credibility and effectiveness to secure legislation that helped you as a constituent? That’s why you’re voting them into office right? To, like, help your little lot in life grow? No? Gump was right....stupid IS as stupid DOES...

I also live in the 131st Assembly district. Not sure how far the news made it west but our Republican assemblyman Brian Kolb was arrested for dwi just after the holiday. Crashed his car near his own house while twice the legal limit over. He then told police that his wife was driving...”you know how women drive”. I’m sick of the ***** entitlement with these people.

3 hours ago, Ogre said:

I’m not naive to the fact that fervor for politics exists, I’m just blown away that a particular geographic could have such a high concentration of it. I’m in the very eastern part of the 27th and although there were a few that stuck with him last election, the majority of the Republicans out here not only didn’t support him, they fought tooth and nail to elect the Dem. Who in their friggin right mind would want a representative that had effectively given away all credibility and effectiveness to secure legislation that helped you as a constituent? That’s why you’re voting them into office right? To, like, help your little lot in life grow? No? Gump was right....stupid IS as stupid DOES...

I'm definitely in a strong Never Democrats area.  Blows me away that someone would prefer a known law breaker that can't possibly help the district due to sanctions over even a moderate Democrat.  McMurray's platform was very moderate and he was immediately, and still, dismissed as a Cuomo-Pelosi Democrat around here, near universally.

On 1/18/2020 at 11:44 AM, Ogre said:

I also live in the 131st Assembly district. Not sure how far the news made it west but our Republican assemblyman Brian Kolb was arrested for dwi just after the holiday. Crashed his car near his own house while twice the legal limit over. He then told police that his wife was driving...”you know how women drive”. I’m sick of the ***** entitlement with these people.

That's what happens when politicians pick voters instead of voters picking politicians.