The "like" function

darksabre

Just echoing what others have said, but I appreciate the ability to quickly acknowledge peoples posts without cluttering the threads up with posts saying “I agree” or “that’s funny”

i think it adds to the community.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, dudacek said:

Just echoing what others have said, but I appreciate the ability to quickly acknowledge peoples posts without cluttering the threads up with posts saying “I agree” or “that’s funny”

i think it adds to the community.

And that is absolutely the primary function.

27 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I do really miss the little arrow that let you see how many posts you miss. That's probably the only thing that got a teensy tiny bit worse with the upgrade though. This really is a great new setup. 

Have been on this site since THE lockout ended.  Have no idea what feature you are describing.

• Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I do really miss the little arrow that let you see how many posts you miss. That's probably the only thing that got a teensy tiny bit worse with the upgrade though. This really is a great new setup. 

I’m not sure what this is. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Sorry - on desktop, you could click a little arrow that gave things like "go to first post" and "go to first unread post" and "go to latest post" and it always told you how many posts have occurred in the thread since you last visited. It was neat - I'd open up the arrow for all the threads with new content and prioritized/organized my reading of them based on that information. 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Sorry - on desktop, you could click a little arrow that gave things like "go to first post" and "go to first unread post" and "go to latest post" and it always told you how many posts have occurred in the thread since you last visited. It was neat - I'd open up the arrow for all the threads with new content and prioritized/organized my reading of them based on that information. 

Never used it. I will go back to the old board to see what you were referring to.

14 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

You may be the only person I have heard know to use that function. ? 

Let me see if it is still exists. 

It isn’t exactly the same, but given your power user tendencies tell me what you think of this functionality:

https://www.sabrespace.com/community/discover/?do=create

18 minutes ago, SDS said:

It isn’t exactly the same, but given your power user tendencies tell me what you think of this functionality:

I was aware of the feature.  Found it by accident because my iPad Pro would force me to double press each thread to get into it.  The first press brought up the gray arrow.  That just appears on the desktop version.

I never used it.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Oh man, can you tell me a little about that link? I'm not sure what's going on.

Edit: So are those personal settings of mine?

Edited by Randall Flagg

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Oh man, can you tell me a little about that link? I'm not sure what's going on.

It's a new way to discover "content". You can find this stuff under the Activity tab in the yellow menu bar. You can show all different types of Activity Streams based upon your own filters.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

It's a new way to discover "content". You can find this stuff under the Activity tab in the yellow menu bar. You can show all different types of Activity Streams based upon your own filters.

Gotcha - it isn't letting me change the options though, when I click on a different bubble it doesn't change what is selected and takes me back to the top of the page.

In general it seems really useful though.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Gotcha - it isn't letting me change the options though, when I click on a different bubble it doesn't change what is selected and takes me back to the top of the page.

Ok, that is a bug. There are predefined ones in the drop down menu though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3putt said:

Anyway to set the page so that it goes to the first unread post in a thread?  I hate having to guess which page I left off.  

Sounds like you've been clicking on the subject line all this time. It takes you to the first post.

The star means it's a thread you have posted in.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Sounds like you've been clicking on the subject line all this time. It takes you to the first post.

The star means it's a thread you have posted in.

It probably doesn’t help much, but there’s also a bold line that separates the last post you read and the first new one. That maybe could save the headache if someone accidentally clicks on the thread title. 

On 7/5/2018 at 7:35 PM, Randall Flagg said:

Confirmed bug that will be fixed in next version.

On 7/5/2018 at 6:13 PM, SDS said:

I also used this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.