Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Rochester Americans 2018-19

Amerks win 3-1. Wedgewood with 42 saves and first star. Unbelievable performance. 

It was nice to hear the fans cheering Dalton Smith when he went to the bench after throwing three huge hits in a single shift.

Alex had a great night. Scored a goal and was fantastic on the forecheck.

They play the Monsters again tomorrow night. Win again boys. We are opening a big margin between first and third.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

I'd be castrated if I left for a sporting evernt 1.5 hours before it started, not to mention my 4 year old will make my life unbearable and I'll have to leave by the first intermission (happened tonight even after arriving at 630).

I like to grab some food and a beer and watch warm ups....and hot hockey moms. Did a little Xmas shopping. A barren childless sort like me has to pass the time somehow.

45 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I like to grab some food and a beer and watch warm ups....and hot hockey moms. Did a little Xmas shopping. A barren childless sort like me has to pass the time somehow.

In 15 years I'll be where your at although I think the alcoholism gets me a lot sooner.

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

In 15 years I'll be where your at although I think the alcoholism gets me a lot sooner.

That’s why God invented weed.

48 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Yeah I had to stop a few months ago due to a job search 

Hunwick looked solid last night. No points but he did have an assist in his first game. Passes were tape to tape and unlike Guhle, he didn’t do anything stupid and give the puck away. 

......Guhle....wtf? Another night where he made more than one tape to tape pass to an opponent in his own zone. It’s very ugly when it happens. It’s not very encouraging to hear the fan base groan “GUHLE!” in unison. 

13 hours ago, Ogre said:

13 hours ago, inkman said:

Yeah I had to stop a few months ago due to a job search 

NYS really needs to legalize it and this is coming from someone who has never smoked. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

NYS really needs to legalize it and this is coming from someone who has never smoked. 

Been legal here now for about two months.

Havent notice a thing.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The Federal Government needs to legalize it. Then the states can more easily fall in line.

Haven't touched it since 1987, 3 months before my 18th birthday and my taking the oath to uncle sam.

Tonight’s win widens the gap in the North division between the first placed Amerks with 38 pts/27 gp and the third placed Monsters with 30 pts/27 gp. The crunch are in second with 32pts/24 gp. You don’t need to have a beautiful mind to figure that one out.

If you look at the affiliates for those top three you’re looking at Buffalo, Tampa and Columbus... 

I’ve got the chaulk board out and a pot of coffee on...

Edited by Ogre

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

CJ Smith is centering a line between Nylander and Justin Bailey 

Injury accomodation or looking to find a way to see if a guy worthy of a promotion could play a position of need?

Hoping it's the latter.  Any word how that line is working?

Listening to Keith Wozniak from Lets Go Amerks was on the BTB Podcast with Chad Domencis made it sound like it’s an experiment to  see how he can play the position. He did not look out of place 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Listening to Keith Wozniak from Lets Go Amerks was on the BTB Podcast with Chad Domencis made it sound like it’s an experiment to  see how he can play the position. He did not look out of place 

I admire their efforts but do any non family members minus you listen to the show?  

Dropped 7 bucks for my 24 hour subscription to AHL TV.  You better make this worth it Amerks!!

Victor the magnificent with a tally at 4:32 of the first.  Wub. 

• Like (+1) 1

CJ with a sublime shortside goal from Sabres whipping boy Tennyson

Three nuttin

Edited by inkman