Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

This game pissed me off. We outshoot them 51-24 and lose in a SO. Wilcox sucks! Amerks goaltending in general sucks. 

Even worse? I accidentally picked the Allentown feed and had to listen to their friggin pumpkin headed announcer.

I want my GD $7 back!

On the plus side, ECHL Cincinnati won a SO tonight and has the most points in the Western Conference, one off the league lead. They also have the least goals against in the league with Johansson and Houser in goal. I would expect one of them to be in Rochester next season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ogre said:

This game pissed me off. We outshoot them 51-24 and lose in a SO. Wilcox sucks! Amerks goaltending in general sucks. 

Even worse? I accidentally picked the Allentown feed and had to listen to their friggin pumpkin headed announcer.

I want my GD $7 back!

I saw Wedgewood play last year and I was cringing (like fingernails on a chalkboard) when we got him. He looked terrible with the Coyotes, like a sieve and always out of position. Let in 5-6 softies in one game and very inconsistent.

13 hours ago, inkman said:

Amerks win 7-5.  Fun game. 

I suspect our varsity club in Buffalo is supposed to be playing more of these high scoring games based on the system and comments from JBott/Housley. Our lack of scoring ability is preventing that. Good to see the Amerks can pull it off as some of those guys will be future Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ogre said:

I teach a class on Wednesday that ends at 8. I thought about catching the last two periods but Wednesday games are normally meh so I headed home.

Dumb ass.

Do they have many Wednesday games?  It would drive me crazy if I had to miss a significant number of games.  Hell, it killed me to even miss a single game back when I had BU season tickets.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Do they have many Wednesday games?  It would drive me crazy if I had to miss a significant number of games.  Hell, it killed me to even miss a single game back when I had BU season tickets.

They play a ton of Friday and Saturday games. They play 11 home games on Wednesday this season. 

I don’t mind missing the Wednesday games. My unused ticket turns into a voucher for any remaining game. I used to do two seats but my wife misses a ton of games and I’ve had a hard time giving away the vouchers in the past so I do just one and use a voucher or buy another ticket if my wife or someone wants to go.

28 minutes ago, Ogre said:

They play a ton of Friday and Saturday games. They play 11 home games on Wednesday this season. 

I don’t mind missing the Wednesday games. My unused ticket turns into a voucher for any remaining game. I used to do two seats but my wife misses a ton of games and I’ve had a hard time giving away the vouchers in the past so I do just one and use a voucher or buy another ticket if my wife or someone wants to go.

That's a pretty good approach seeing as how you're missing over a quarter of the season.  Those vouchers stack up quickly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.