Breakout Candidates 2018-19

GASabresIUFAN

Hold on, he apologized AND was humble? That fixes everything. I'm sure there won't be a single player on the team who has hurt feelings or animosity towards him after they found out he showed a little remorse. Apologies when you get put on the spot are usually the most sincere ones, too.  

Tim Murray should have tried that after calling the boss a ######.

I agree with this, even though you're being sarcastic. 

The biggest non-story I've seen in a while. At least Tunsil's draft day transgressions had happened within the previous 6 years.

I agree with this, even though you're being sarcastic. 

The biggest non-story I've seen in a while. At least Tunsil's draft day transgressions had happened within the previous 6 years.

Definitely sarcasm. A football team has anywhere from 53 players on the final roster to 75 or 80 players in training camp. To imagine that not a single one of them isn't going to take issue with him is foolish. Now that doesn't mean it's going to lead to a divided locker room and tear apart the team or anything like that, but even The Almighty Process can't get all 75 guys to see everything the exact same way.  

Edited by Alkoholist

Definitely sarcasm. A football team has anywhere from 53 players on the final roster to 75 or 80 players in training camp. To imagine that not a single one of them isn't going to take issue with him is foolish. Now that doesn't mean it's going to lead to a divided locker room and tear apart the team or anything like that, but even The Almighty Process can't get all 75 guys to see everything the exact same way.  

Still not convinced that a player with the fortitude it requires to make an NFL roster takes issue with something a grown adult posted on twitter at age fourteen. 

If Josh Allen tweeted this last weekend I'd agree with you. 

Did I mention it happened more than half a decade ago? 

Hold on, he apologized AND was humble? That fixes everything. I'm sure there won't be a single player on the team who has hurt feelings or animosity towards him after they found out he showed a little remorse. Apologies when you get put on the spot are usually the most sincere ones, too.

Tim Murray should have tried that after calling the boss a ######.

He was 14/55, get off your high horse. Even Steven A defended him. Watch his interviews on the subject before you go off. All of you. And yes we need to remove all the hate language from our lexicon. In today’s internet it is too easily misconstued, used when it shouldnt be and copied by our kids. Kid was copying, emphasis on kid, rap lyrics.

Liger, nowadays racial cant be used, not just by african americans, gays, you name it. It just perpetuates the usage of those terms. Censorship does little good. Societal leadership and education makes useage go down. Companies need to not fund its usage. Just stating my opinion. Censorship laws do little good but calling bad language for what it is imo is fine.

Edited by North Buffalo

He was 14/55, get off your high horse. Even Steven A defended him. Watch his interviews on the subject before you go off. All of you. And yes we need to remove all the hate language from our lexicon. In today’s internet it is too easily misconstued, used when it shouldnt be and copied by our kids. Kid was copying, emphasis on kid, rap lyrics.

Liger, nowadays racial cant be used, not just by african americans, gays, you name it. It just perpetuates the usage of those terms. Censorship does little good. Societal leadership and education makes useage go down. Companies need to not fund its usage. Just stating my opinion. Censorship laws do little good but calling bad language for what it is imo is fine.

I'm certainly not on any high horse. I don't even know what he said and don't really care. I'm not personally offended by it because:

A: I don't even know what he said.

B: I don't get offended easily in general

I'm just saying that the odds are really good that at least one of his 50 to 80 team mates is bound to not be happy about it. The law of averages practically guarantees it, even if the person or people who didn't like it keep it to themselves.

Let's move on. Edited by Skurk Liger

Can't you just smell the hockey bag aroma off that photo ? Lovely !

Ha ha!!

I don't care about blue collar. Almost no hockey player is blue collar. I want good hockey players and I don't get this weird Blue Collar Buffalo mantra that doesn't apply to the city anymore. The biggest companies in Erie County are what? UB, Deleware North maybe, Independent Health, Kaleida Health, Wegmans, Roswell Park, Geico... I mean I guess the ford plant would be blue collar but the rest certainly aren't. What non agricultural manual labor jobs are in Buffalo making it a blue collar city? Hard working city, sure. Blue Collar, not for 20 years.

Right on! I wipe my butt on a blue collar shirt in honor of this post!

Talent is white collar I guess? Talent and hard work win, not just hard work. Josh Gorgerous worked hard, but he ain't not Alex Mogilney

Let's move on.

Agreed got to stay away from these arguements too sorry.

The blue collar aura of Buffalo is long gone agreed. What I like about a hockey player such as Dhalin is a desire to win with the tools and moxie to work hard, grind at it. If that is blue coller so be it. Its a label nothing more and a journalistic catch phrase to say something like that. Used to be lunch pail.

Edited by North Buffalo

Wow, what a can of worms I opened. Sorry! Can I take back the "blue collar" reference?

One of the nice things about Buffalo and why most hockey players love living in WNY are the locals. The love and respect the players, but also give them their private space. It's being in a Canadian town without being in Canada. Many of the football players feel the same about the Bills Mafia. Ask Fred Jackson how he feels about Buffalo and it's people.

Dahlin will be just fine here.

Frankly all excuses for the bad team from Leadership issues to locker room issues to players not listening to disgruntled $8 mill players are frankly all BS and will go away as soon as we get enough talent. Bad teams makes excuses and good teams win.

This is why this off-season is so important. Keep the core, go young and try to steal some value players from other teams. Use other teams' cap issues against them. Identify someone with upside that could be a cap casualty elsewhere and bring them here in trade or FAs. No one over 26.

We are starting with quality

Jack, ROR, Casey is a great spine.

We only have 2 long-term wingers (Sam and ERod) for our top 9, but maybe between Pu, Nylander, Asplund, Olofsson, Smith, Baptiste and others we'll find 2 or 3 more over then next two years.

We are 3/4 to a good playoff Caliber D (Dahlin, Risto and Marco) and even have a potentially solid 3rd pairing of Guhle/Nelson/McCabe.

Lastly we need goaltending. Ullmark deserves a shot, but we really need iron clad insurance.

What does this have to do with blue collar racist quarterbacks?

Edited by LikeEich

let's get back on topic....

My breakout candidate (besides Dahlin's forehead) is Justin Bailey.    IMO he graduates to full time NHL duty, putting up +20g in his first full campaign... seeing time besides Eichel and Mittlestadt.   

Are the Bills asking him to milk cows and run a thresher? If not, being a farmboy shouldn't factor in whatsoever.

Allen will definitely feel more comfortable in the McDermott environment though, so maybe you've got a point. He seems to fit the Christian soldier culture that Mr. Process is installing. It may get a little awkward if any of the black players question him about all the racially charged social media content he deleted from his facebook/twitter/etc accounts though. That may make his environment a little less comfortable.

to get back off-topic....

I often wonder about guys like Elway, Marino, Kelly, Montana, Young, Favre... etc... if they had social media, what kind of stuff would've shown up in the media?   Makes it difficult to pass judgement on kids these days just because there's a permanent record of the stupid they said as a young teenager.  

If Bailey puts up 20goals this season in the NHL, I will mail you something from the Sabres store, like a hat.

How about a T-shirt to cover the Dad bod?

If Bailey scores 20, this Sabres team will likely be in a playoff spot. That would mean we would be getting decent secondary scoring.

The title is fine. It's the 70% of the posts that aren't on topic that are the problem.

I don't really care about any of those side conversations. I literally had no idea this thread was about potential players on other teams joining ours. One would think the thread is just about Sabres current players and if any of them are going to break out from simply reading the thread title. Maybe it's just me...

Edited by inkman

I don't really care about any of those side conversations. I literally had no idea this thread was about potential players on other teams joining ours. One would think the thread is just about Sabres current players and if any of them are going to break out from simply reading the thread title. Maybe it's just me...

Did you read the first sentence of the first post?

This thread is about who people this will breakout next season both internal and external. If external, do you think they are someone we can acquire?

For example: ERod is an internal candidate and someone like Tobias Reider is an external candidate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.