Off season wish list

sweetlou

This thread is not about who the Sabres should get rid of but who the fans want to see the Sabres acquire via trade, draft, or free agency.

1.  Karlsson or Carlson- team needs a true #1 defenseman to drop Risto into the #2.  We may have to give up Risto to acquire Karlsson.

2. Draft- #1- Dahlin, #2- Svechnicov, #3-Zadina, #4- Tkachuk

3. Sheehan or Rust from Pittsburg

4. UFA- Luke Schenn- right handed defenseman

5. UFA forwards- James Van Riemsdyk,  Riley Nash, David Perron

6. Goalie- Carter Hutton, Anti Raanta

Out of the box thought for a goalie for the Sabres:

Given the struggles of Cory Schneider, and if the Devils believe in Kinkaid, what if the Sabres could get a guy like Schneider who has shown he can play at a very high level, a look via a trade if it is cheap?

Riley Nash at a good price would be a great pick up. Solid work ethic too, which is what we want. 

But I've changed my mind and think we need to clean sweep. I want to see them move out as many vets as possible and marginalize the remaining ones. Fill this roster with speedy kids and young prospects. Might mean a few years to really be good, but I feel anything less than a complete do over will just lead us down the same road to ruin we're on. Let Captain Jack be considered one of the older guys on the roster. Win or lose, finally play with what Housley promised and maybe, just maybe kids will listen to him. 

Out of the box thought for a goalie for the Sabres:

Given the struggles of Cory Schneider, and if the Devils believe in Kinkaid, what if the Sabres could get a guy like Schneider who has shown he can play at a very high level, a look via a trade if it is cheap?

Schneider has put up back to back poor seasons, but previously was elite.

I’d take him and Ullmark in a second.

PS Botterill is tight with Shero.

Schneider is 32 with 4 more years at $6M per, I think that's too much to take on for the chance he regains form

I think he can finish out like Miller has.

Ullmark can be signed to a cheap bridge next summer.

The dollars would work.

You’re probably right, but if he could be had cheap...

Always had a soft spot for Corey and he’s definitely a great fit for next year.

Edited by dudacek

Move #1

RFA's Sheehan and Rust from Pittsburgh for Larsson, RFA Antipin and 2019 4th rd pick.

I like Sheehan sliding into our 3rd line center checking role.

Rust gives us speed on the wing. Can play any where from top line minutes with Eichel or slide down to 3rd line. 

Pittsburgh has pretty much a full line up and may not be able to afford RFA's like Rust or Sheehan.  

Larsson becomes a depth player for Pittsburgh.

Antipin may stay with the Gonchar to mentor him to NA game.

Move #2-

ROR and McCabe to SanJose for Tomas Hertl and Brenden Dillon.

Move#3

Sign John Carlson

Rust- Eichel- Okposo

Mittelstadt- Hertl- Reinhart

Wilson- Sheehan- Pommer

Girgensons- ERod- Baptiste

Scandella- Carlson

Guhle- Risto

Dillon- Nelson

This thread is not about who the Sabres should get rid of but who the fans want to see the Sabres acquire via trade, draft, or free agency.

1.  Karlsson or Carlson- team needs a true #1 defenseman to drop Risto into the #2.  We may have to give up Risto to acquire Karlsson.

2. Draft- #1- Dahlin, #2- Svechnicov, #3-Zadina, #4- Tkachuk

3. Sheehan or Rust from Pittsburg

4. UFA- Luke Schenn- right handed defenseman

5. UFA forwards- James Van Riemsdyk,  Riley Nash, David Perron

6. Goalie- Carter Hutton, Anti Raanta

1: This depends on the market to me.  Not trading half of my team for Karlsson, and Carlson is re-signing in Washington or going out west. 

2: 1: Dahlin, 2: Zadina, 3: Dobson, 4: Svechnikov, 5: Boqvist, 6: Tkachuk, 7: Bouchard, 8: Wahlstrom, 9: Hughes

3: Daniel Sprong from Pittsburgh

4: Calvin de Haan, LD

5: Riley Nash

6: Cale Morris

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.