Jbot Do Something Already 3 - deadline edition

GASabresIUFAN

Hes someplace in the middle.  Below average players often have 15-20 game stretches where they get hot, but they can't sustain that pace. I think the only way to evaluate Reinhart is to look at his entire season, and entire career.  

Do you want a former high draft pick who, over the first few years of his career, looks to be a 20 goal, 25 assist guy who has below average speed but might still grow into a bigger role?  He just seems to be exactly who he is over his career....better than how productive he was over the first half of the season..probably not as productive as he's been over the last 20 games.

I agree with this, he will never be a point per game guy but 60 points with his net presence on the PP is well worth wanting to keep around.

Let's leave him on the wing and no more messing around with 3rd line centre anymore

I provided a detailed answer to this very inquiry from you in another thread, with no response. So it’s nice to know comments about the benefits of winning are going by the wayside. I’m not writing it all out again.

Serious question, how many times do the Sabres have to be terrible and draft top 10, with no improvement, until people admit that picking high is no guarantee of ANY kind of success?

If the Sabres are terrible again next year, after yet another high pick, will the refrain again be about losing to get a high picks? Lose for Hughes?

It’s doesnt necessarily work. It’s clearly not working for the Sabres.

I would start to wonder about the mouse than keeps going back and pushing that same button, even though it’s transmitting an electric shock every time it’s pushed.

It seemed to finally work for Edmonton last season but they regressed this season. Again, Vegas management showed how to put a good team together quickly. Granted they had expansion draft and a zero salary to start with but they have put together an impressive team.

It's an odd question to say who do you want back on a bad losing team. I literally don't care if ANYONE is traded cause none of them have shown themselves to be consistent winners. I mean some guys are ok and some guys have moments and Jack has talent but there is no one who is heart and soul of the team and if you can improve the team I have no problems moving anyone. 

It's an odd question to say who do you want back on a bad losing team. I literally don't care if ANYONE is traded cause none of them have shown themselves to be consistent winners. I mean some guys are ok and some guys have moments and Jack has talent but there is no one who is heart and soul of the team and if you can improve the team I have no problems moving anyone. 

I have no problems with moving anyone in order to make the team better over the long term.

I struggle with posts that say things like "Risto will never be a number one D, we need to trade him."

I understand the CBA sometimes dictates otherwise, but we only have a few good players.

We won't get better trading them away for lottery tickets.

I have an issue with the thought of moving anyone to get better. How are you ever gonna build a core of guys that can play together year after year if everyone could be moved at any time ? I'd rather see Jack, ROR, Risto, Reinhart, ERod, Nelson, Guhle, and possibly McCabe together for 3-4 years and replace the rest over time. Also, what kind of message does it send to prospective UFAs that might want to come here if the guys you wanted to play with might be gone ? 

I have an issue with the thought of moving anyone to get better. How are you ever gonna build a core of guys that can play together year after year if everyone could be moved at any time ? I'd rather see Jack, ROR, Risto, Reinhart, ERod, Nelson, Guhle, and possibly McCabe together for 3-4 years and replace the rest over time. Also, what kind of message does it send to prospective UFAs that might want to come here if the guys you wanted to play with might be gone ? 

Which of these guys are going to be moved?  They key here is to build depth around the core.  

I have no problems with moving anyone in order to make the team better over the long term.

I struggle with posts that say things like "Risto will never be a number one D, we need to trade him."

I understand the CBA sometimes dictates otherwise, but we only have a few good players.

We won't get better trading them away for lottery tickets.

Myself, I don't want to trade Risto because he will never be a number one D man, I want to get a number one D man so Risto can take the step back to where he should be. 

The message it sends is that the NHL is a business and it's the same as any other team here in that players may be moved if it helps the team. You do what you have to do to make your team better.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of fans who are legitimately concerned right now.

The fans should only be concerned if it is 5pm today and we still haven't made a move. 

These guys aren't waiting for fax machines anymore, so there could be a flurry at 3pm or shortly after with multiple trades going down all at once.

The message it sends is that the NHL is a business and it's the same as any other team here in that players may be moved if it helps the team. You do what you have to do to make your team better.

Seriously ? You think the Penguins would have moved Crosby or Malkin at the deadline a few years back ? 

You never know if moving a player "helps the team", but it's pretty obvious that moving some would not.