Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

This game is up there for me with 56-10, or that 6-3 game. There are probably more my brain is purposely forgetting.

Josh ALlen playing roughly 365 days sooner than I had hoped.

If only there were some veteran on the roster from last year who could have started while Allen learned.

Like the guy that'll be benched for Cleveland's rookie within 2 weeks? 

The fact that Mayfield is miles better than Allen has nothing to do with the fact that Taylor is miles better than Peterman.

Are you eating too much Whataburger down there or something?

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The fact that Mayfield is miles better than Allen has nothing to do with the fact that Taylor is miles better than Peterman.

Are you eating too much Whataburger down there or something?

You're the one that was dead wrong about Baltimore's defense versus Pittsburgh's and Cleveland actually having WRs, including a guy with 3 straight 100 reception seasons. 

Look, I'm not arguing that NP is close to TT. But we saw this game  with TT last year, at home, against NO. TT has fewer than 100 yards passing, and fewer than 50% completion, against a defense that hemorrhages passing yards. TT in this game probably has us 7 points closer, but still with 0 ourselves. 

Which is why I cannot fathom any sort of "I told you so." 

Edit: I'm misremembering Pittsburgh's passing defense last year. BUT Baltimore's secondary is still better.

Edited by Randall Flagg

You're the one that was dead wrong about Baltimore's defense versus Pittsburgh's and Cleveland actually having WRs, including a guy with 3 straight 100 reception seasons. 

Look, I'm not arguing that NP is close to TT. But we saw this game  with TT last year, at home, against NO. TT has fewer than 100 yards passing, and fewer than 50% completion, against a defense that hemorrhages passing yards. TT in this game probably has us 7 points closer, but still with 0 ourselves. 

Pittsburgh allowed the 5th fewest passing yards last season.  That's probably because the offense was good enough to keep the defense off the field, though, because when you look at yards per attempt, they drop quite a bit to 22nd.

1 minute ago, JujuFish said:

Pittsburgh allowed the 5th fewest passing yards last season.  That's probably because the offense was good enough to keep the defense off the field, though, because when you look at yards per attempt, they drop quite a bit to 22nd.

That makes sense. I was going off of the games I saw, in which they got carved up. But I was shocked to see total yardage.

I just remember them getting carved since their last SB win. 

2 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Food for thought....... Peterman's QB rating this game is actually lower that his 5INT game.

3 starts and he's been yanked twice. When will Beane get the hint? 

He won't.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Edit: I'm misremembering Pittsburgh's passing defense last year a bit. BUT Baltimore's secondary is still better.

Cleveland is playing the second best team in the AFC.  Buffalo is playing a team that couldn't make the playoffs last year.  Taylor had success with Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin, with McCoy in the backfield, and would have made the playoffs with that set if not for Ryan.  Tell me Cleveland has better weapons.  Go for it.

Thinking that it was smart to get rid of Taylor is objectively wrong.  It's just not even a matter of opinion.  

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

That makes sense. I was going off of the games I saw, in which they got carved up. But I was shocked to see total yardage.

I just remember them getting carved since their last SB win. 

Wrong again, then.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

He won't.

Cleveland is playing the second best team in the AFC.  Buffalo is playing a team that couldn't make the playoffs last year.  Taylor had success with Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin, with McCoy in the backfield, and would have made the playoffs with that set if not for Ryan.  Tell me Cleveland has better weapons.  Go for it.

Thinking that it was smart to get rid of Taylor is objectively wrong.  It's just not even a matter of opinion.  

Wrong again, then.

Cleveland objectively has better WRs.

2 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Cleveland objectively has better WRs.

Than Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin?  Do they also have a better RB than McCoy and a better TE than Clay?  Holy f*ck the lengths people will go to...

Anyway.  I have to sleep off about 2000 calories worth of chicken, hot sauce, and blue cheese.

Flagg probably uses ranch.

Edited by Eleven

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He won't.

This year, Cleveland's skill group is objectively better than Buffalo's. Buffalo's only NFL receiver is lumbering, stone-hands KB. With Gordon back, it's likely that CLE has at least 2 WR better than our best. 

Buffalo probably has the worst WRs in the league and it's not the Browns that would threaten that status. 

It's not smart if Peterman is your ultimate plan, maybe, but he wasn't, and again, NFL teams are going to get rid of QBs that throw for under 100 yards in 4 quarters of football regularly, it just happens, and TT makes no functional difference in this game. He just doesn't, even if he might in future games.

Just now, Eleven said:

Than Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin?  Do they also have a better RB than McCoy and a better TE than Clay?  Holy f*ck the lengths people will go to...

What are you talking about? Eleven, Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin aren't on this team, I don't know if you have noticed.

Edited by Randall Flagg

As a starter, Nathan Peterman is now 16/42 for 147 yards with 1 TD and 7 INTs. That's 38% completion percentage for 3.5 yards per attempt. He's obviously terrible. But...

Bills offensive DVOA the last 3 seasons: 9th, 10th, 26th.

The bigger problem on offense is McDermott. He hired Rick Dennison, who had no track record of success, and was obviously a horrible fit for Tyrod last year. Then he followed it up with Daboll, who once again, has zero track record of NFL success. Along the way, some combination of he and Beane decided to not even put a half-hearted effort into upgrading the team's offensive personnel. 

I honestly don't know what the solution is this season, and I legitimately don't want to see Allen get wrecked...but I have no idea how he can look any player in the eye if he keeps rolling with Peterman. It simply isn't an option. Yes, Peterman objectively won the QB competition in the offseason, but it's painfully obvious he isn't an NFL starter...and he may not even be an NFL backup. It's a bad spot to be in, and I think we can agree on that, whether we think keeping Tyrod was an answer or not.

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.