Sabres at Flyers, 1pm, 1/7/18. MSG and KB1520 and NOT WGR.

Eleven

Blergh. Another dull game overall. We played well in the first, but as soon as we scored they flipped the on switch and we didn't respond. From that point on it didn't look like a competition: we didn't threaten, it wasn't wide-open chaos, there was no contentiousness, nothing.

Like I said, the Sabres are only competitive when the other team takes them lightly. As soon as they turn it up the Sabres have no answer.

There will be a lot of those games in the second half, where teams just don’t get up to play the Sabres, and it’s why Botterill has to weight his evaluation heavily on the first half of the season.

Phil can go. I cannot believe this group of NHL players cannot "play Phil's system" (whatever the hell it is) They all came up through the minor ranks with different coaches and styles and were drafted to the NHL. Not buying the garbage they are not the right type of players to play his system. I believe Phil's system sucks huge and whomever replaces Phil would still have a better record than what we currently see.

Lehner has played well this season despite his shortcomings (OT & Shootouts) and has kept us from being blown out too many times to mention. Risto is talented but right now he would be hard pressed to make the Finnish Junior National team, and from what I saw this afternoon, Jack looks like he can't wait for April and the off season. Ryan O'Reilly (unless injured and we don't truly know about it) is another talented player who played terrifically for Canada, and was instrumental in their Gold Medal at the World Championships last year. Okposo does look slow (I still don't think he's the same anymore) and Kane has been our best this season.

Reinhart disappoints me. Maybe it was all the hype surrounding his pick but I just see a wasted roster spot (maybe he will perform better under another coach with a different system? Anyhow our defense is butter soft, not sure why (Phil's "system"?) Still, this club should be way better then the garbage we're seeing. These guys are professionals, if they are not playing Phil's system, I find it hard to believe. I think the "system" needs to be called into question.

Phil can go. I cannot believe this group of NHL players cannot "play Phil's system" (whatever the hell it is) They all came up through the minor ranks with different coaches and styles and were drafted to the NHL. Not buying the garbage they are not the right type of players to play his system. I believe Phil's system sucks huge and whomever replaces Phil would still have a better record than what we currently see.

Lehner has played well this season despite his shortcomings (OT & Shootouts) and has kept us from being blown out too many times to mention. Risto is talented but right now he would be hard pressed to make the Finnish Junior National team, and from what I saw this afternoon, Jack looks like he can't wait for April and the off season. Ryan O'Reilly (unless injured and we don't truly know about it) is another talented player who played terrifically for Canada, and was instrumental in their Gold Medal at the World Championships last year. Okposo does look slow (I still don't think he's the same anymore) and Kane has been our best this season.

Reinhart disappoints me. Maybe it was all the hype surrounding his pick but I just see a wasted roster spot (maybe he will perform better under another coach with a different system? Anyhow our defense is butter soft, not sure why (Phil's "system"?) Still, this club should be way better then the garbage we're seeing. These guys are professionals, if they are not playing Phil's system, I find it hard to believe. I think the "system" needs to be called into question.

Screw the "system". They've been playing hockey since they could walk and can play by instinct. Housley needs to just let them play shinny.

So your willling to lose the rest of the year for what,

So tell me what are you going to do with the players. Your the GM

I'm trading players. Like Reinhart. Okposo. Zemgus. Baloo. You don't perform, you go. Send a real message. I give Housley next year, if they still under perform, fire him.

I'm really getting to the same opinion. Reinhart being a disappointment is not totally on coaching. He's a okay player but not close to what you would expect from that high a pick. His trade value is quite low I would imagine so unless he's part of a package deal I think we're stuck with him as he is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.