Evander Kane: Buffalo's best player?

LGR4GM

There is no question that Kane has been our most consistent player this season. Jack is still the best player. Lehner is next on the list.

The questions on Kane haven’t changed.

1) Does he want to be here?

2) Even if Kane wants to be here, does he fit Jbot’s rebuild plan?

3) Even if the feeling is mutual, how much for how long and does it fit in Jbot’s cap structure for the Sabres?

Failing any of these 3 questions means that Jbot trades him.

He scores a lot of goals.

So does/do a lot of players that never win anything

You will believe it, too, when a winning team gives up some assets to acquire him

Teams are stupid. 

His being a true power forward that can score goals.

Lots of players can score goals

Name 1 Sabre not given the name Evander or John. Go on, I triple dog dare you!

Vanek back when we thought we shouldn't have let him go  :P

So his ceiling is, like, Ovechkin

What a shame

That's Laine.

I'd rather have a winning team than a pure goal scorer

Edited by Jokertecken

Name 1 Sabre not given the name Evander or John. Go on, I triple dog dare you!

Just because no one else on this team is any good doesn't make Evander Kane more valuable. It's not like his production here is a revelation. He had plenty of good seasons for Atlantapeg and that didn't stop them from wanting to move on from him.

Just because no one else on this team is any good doesn't make Evander Kane more valuable. It's not like his production here is a revelation. He had plenty of good seasons for Atlantapeg and that didn't stop them from wanting to move on from him.

Evander Kane is a valuable & useful player.

That he didn't fit in in Winnipeg has not been an issue in Buffalo.

And change "Atlantapeg" to Edmonton & your statement could easily be describing Gretzky or Messier. ;)

But he's good relative to the rest of the league, not just the Sabres.

I'm not going to blame him for losing teams in Winnipeg. Scoring goals was never their issue. It was always about porous defence and bad goaltending.

And he's not the issue, here. To say he can't be conductive to winning based on those two situations is a stretch, at best.

And it's not his fault he's being paired with Eichel. We need to expect it of our coach that he knows how to properly utilize him.

As with any player.

I'm not about to blame Kane for not being on winning teams. I do, however, feel he's a bit of an awkward fit as a core piece given the shortcomings of his game. He remains a player I'd like to keep. I just don't want to keep him at all cost.

Ya, I wouldn't want to make him the second highest paid player on a team. And that's what I think he'll command. And that's as much about the position he plays than anything else.

Has anyone advocated for that?

Those willing to go 7 years $7.5M per are, in my valuation, keeping him at all costs. YMMV.

Ya, I wouldn't want to make him the second highest paid player on a team. And that's what I think he'll command. And that's as much about the position he plays than anything else.

This is essentially my view as well. I suspect that he'll simply command more than I'm willing to pay. I'd be willing to flex some upwards if we could offload one of our albatrosses in Okposo or Bogosian.

Those willing to go 7 years $7.5M per are, in my valuation, keeping him at all costs. YMMV.

This is essentially my view as well. I suspect that he'll simply command more than I'm willing to pay. I'd be willing to flex some upwards if we could offload one of our albatrosses in Okposo or Bogosian.

Exactly.

Fair enough.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.