Downtown Buffalo -- Where to be

fiftyone

But what if you really enjoy making sauce? Cooking is therapy! And Lord knows, I need ###### therapy.

Do you use fresh tomatoes or canned? People swear by fresh. I don't think I'd get better results than with Tuttorosso, but I've never tried.

You can buy jarred sauce and then doctor it up and make it passable.

Or just eat it wasted

My brother picked up bits of Italian cooking from my Italian grandmother and from an Italian lady he worked for baking Italian bread. He cooked in restaurants for years and is quite a food snob. His sister-in-law added raw meatballs to Ragu jarred sauce and doctored it up with spices and such, then simmered it for hours. My brother said it was the best sauce he had ever had!

Do you use fresh tomatoes or canned? People swear by fresh. I don't think I'd get better results than with Tuttorosso, but I've never tried.

Fresh isn't worth the effort for me. Peeling tomatoes is a pain in the balls. I even grow Roma tomatoes specifically for this reason and I still don't do it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.