GDT: Sabres vs. Devils, Monday 10/9/17 3:00 pm

bob_sauve28

ROR doesn't disappoint in the interview, once again "owning up to his failures".

C'mon, the guy sounds like a head case. Self-Flagellation always helps right?

Think it but don't say it. I hope none of the young guys heard that.

Edited by hockeyhound

Yes.

There's no way around it.[b He alone had a poor effort. [/b]And when he doesn't give it all, it really doesn't matter if anyone else does.

Bullsquat.

Okposo didn't stink. McCabe was OK which caused him to look like an AS compared to the other 5 guys on D.

Eichel was hustling back in the 1st. That was done by the time they were losing 3-1. Other than Kane (& Okposo) did any forward show up? That was an absolute awful effort. And maybe the rest show up if Eichel does go harder. I doubt it.

These guys were not cycling low; nobody was going to the hard areas. This team looked like the '11 squad except Miller couldn't bail them out today.

Aside: when's the last time the Sabres weren't hot death in an afternoon game? Do we have to go all the way back to Barnaby's Mother's Day game?

O'Reilly just referred to himself as "useless" on the postgame.

I don't even know how to react to that. It's one thing to think it, it's another thing to just say it.

ROR doesn't disappoint in the interview, once again "owning up to his failures".

C'mon, the guy sounds like a head case.

Play Like Kane!

Skate and Compete.

I like that he admitted it. He is honest with his assessment of his play and doesn't BS. I'm sure he is a bit of a head case and obsesses even when he plays well - Petey seems to be despairing of him - but so far thats a fair assessment

Bullsquat.

Okposo didn't stink. McCabe was OK which caused him to look like an AS compared to the other 5 guys on D.

Eichel was hustling back in the 1st. That was done by the time they were losing 3-1. Other than Kane (& Okposo) did any forward show up? That was an absolute awful effort. And maybe the rest show up if Eichel does go harder. I doubt it.

These guys were not cycling low; nobody was going to the hard areas. This team looked like the '11 squad except Miller couldn't bail them out today.

Aside: when's the last time the Sabres weren't hot death in an afternoon game? Do we have to go all the way back to Barnaby's Mother's Day game?

I think if Eichel doesn't disappear then he at least has the right to call the rest of the team out. He can look at the game tape and say "hey, I didn't quit." But he can't. He has no cred. And if Eichel has no cred, it really doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Have Scandella, Antipin, Tennyson and Beaulieu been an upgrade on the reviled Franson/Gorges/Kulikov trio?

The first two have been OK, but not great.

But I'd take Gorges over Tennyson in a second. He's been soft, soft, soft.

And Franson coughed the puck up sometimes, but I have never seen one player be personally responsible for as many goals against in three games as Beaulieu. Disgusting.

I'm telling you it has to be blown up. The culture is all wrong, the excuses are all stale, it'll all fall back into familiar patterns. It's been going on for too long. Like it or not, it has to be Jack cause they signed him already. Kane is probably just motivated by his contract pending but he is still motivated. It's all rubbish and it can't be tweaked or adjusted, it needs a firesale. 

I like that he admitted it. He is honest with his assessment of his play and doesn't BS. I'm sure he is a bit of a head case and obsesses even when he plays well - Petey seems to be despairing of him - but so far thats a fair assessment

It worries me. I'm okay with a guy taking his game seriously, but this is something else.

I'm telling you it has to be blown up. The culture is all wrong, the excuses are all stale, it'll all fall back into familiar patterns. It's been going on for too long. Like it or not, it has to be Jack cause they signed him already. Kane is probably just motivated by his contract pending but he is still motivated. It's all rubbish and it can't be tweaked or adjusted, it needs a firesale. 

It already has been blown up.  How many times can they blow it up?

You're spot on.

He said it during the pregame, too.  He's in his own head right now.

It already has been blown up.  How many times can they blow it up?

He said it during the pregame, too.  He's in his own head right now.

ROR is a man who walks the line between greatness and insanity. What makes him amazing also can cripple him. You take the good and you take the bad with him. 95% of the time its the good.

O.k., the first time I heard him give the self evaluation speech I was like you, "I like that he admitted it." but this is a regular thing with this guy. All last year I had to listen to this guy beat himself up, just listen to his locker clean-out interview.

It's troublesome to hear a guy in his position talk like that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.