Uber for Buffalo Events

inkman

Congratulations. I think Uber's a great concept and use it regularly. I'm not in Buffalo regularly, as you know. I am considering it in Tampa for game days. My response to you is "I would."

The primary benefit would be to avoid parking lot hassles and delays.

I'll ask you this. Would the traffic hassle I'm trying to avoid add significantly to the fare? I understand an Uber driver can adjust the rate for different times of day and demand. How do you see the fares changing from, say, a Wednesday afternoon trip from South Buffalo to Orchard Park to a gameday same trip?

Admittedly, I don't know if you can estimate that.

I became an Uber user this past April. I'm still getting a feel for fares.

Twenty plus trips - different family members - several different cities - always prompt, courteous, clean, safe, on time and easy.

P.S. Because I love to learn business models, I ask questions on all rides. I was surprised to learn that only 20% to 30% of passengers tip. During my first ride, I asked the tipping question to the driver. He said "twenty percent, but I knew you would the moment you got in the car." "How did you know?", I asked. "You're a middle aged guy in a suit", he responded. "You're using an APP to assist you, but you have old school ideas about service." "For a millennial, the APP is the service. It's self contained, soup to nuts. The fee is the fee." Very interesting!

Good luck. I'm a Five Star!

Edited by Neo

Good info. Bills games would most certainly get surge pricing (3 X normal pricing due to volume). I'd have to work out the logistics of where to drop off and avoid the congestion. It wouldn't do either of us good to sit in traffic racking up charges while you aren't getting to your destination and I'm missing out on more riders.

I plan on using it for Sabre game this year. One way will be close to price for parking so I'm really only paying one way for the convenience.

Not to mention the added benefit of imbibing to one's pleasure.

Which in my brief stint as a driver (since Friday) is not too fun for the driver on occasion.

Uber to the stadium last night.

Not one employee out of the seven we asked knew where the Uber pick up area was.  Not one.

So we started walking.  Found a cab.  Paid twice as much to get back to Buffalo than we did to get to the stadium, but the certainty was worth it.

Now, this will not be a normal concern, because I almost never go out there, but there obviously still are problems with the system.  It won't be a problem coming from the arena, though.

My daughter and I used Uber in Britain this summer. She had the App and had used it before.

Every experience was good.

Subway was the cheapest, but did not go everywhere. Buses were also cheap, but a bit slower due to transfers and traffic.

Taxis had the best conversations but were expensive compared to Uber.sing

I plan on using it for the WJHC game at New Era field.

My daughter and I used Uber in Britain this summer. She had the App and had used it before.

Every experience was good.

Subway was the cheapest, but did not go everywhere. Buses were also cheap, but a bit slower due to transfers and traffic.

Taxis had the best conversations but were expensive compared to Uber.sing

I plan on using it for the WJHC game at New Era field.

I'll be there ???????? Edited by inkman

Uber to the stadium last night.

Not one employee out of the seven we asked knew where the Uber pick up area was. Not one.

So we started walking. Found a cab. Paid twice as much to get back to Buffalo than we did to get to the stadium, but the certainty was worth it.

Now, this will not be a normal concern, because I almost never go out there, but there obviously still are problems with the system. It won't be a problem coming from the arena, though.

Not one employee of whom? The Bills/New Era?

We park at UB for free. Pay $4 to ride the subway for both ways. Troll the opposing teams fan on the ride in. Get picked on by the other teams fans after losing to them on the way back. Jump in the car and it's a short ride to Kentucky Greg's for ribs!  :w00t:

Edited by Frieda

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.