Ullmark Signed to Two Year Extension

Brawndo

To me this is a sign that Lehner will be exposed.

In 20 games in 15-16 Ullmarks GAA was actually less than Lehners last year and his save % was a fraction more. Both are 6'4" and Ullmark is a steal at his AAV.

Especially with Cal Peterson a year or two away, this gives them more room to make Peterson an offer.

I like this thinking.  A little risky but I think we've seen Lehner's ceiling and don't think he's consistently good enough to get us a cup.  I'm good with Ullmark/Peterson in net.

I like this thinking. A little risky but I think we've seen Lehner's ceiling and don't think he's consistently good enough to get us a cup. I'm good with Ullmark/Peterson in net.

Petersen? He's not that good, will be a fringe NHL player.

People need to get it out of their heads that he has a future as a starter in the NHL.

Petersen? He's not that good, will be a fringe NHL player.

People need to get it out of their heads that he has a future as a starter in the NHL.

I really do enjoy reading your posts man. But after Matthews and Matty mo the past two years your player projections hold very little weight at this time. Edited by Derrico

To me this is a sign that Lehner will be exposed.

In 20 games in 15-16 Ullmarks GAA was actually less than Lehners last year and his save % was a fraction more. Both are 6'4" and Ullmark is a steal at his AAV.

Especially with Cal Peterson a year or two away, this gives them more room to make Peterson an offer.

Signing a guy to a $750k contract is hardly the evidence you should be looking for if you think a team is about to walk away from their starter.  This isn't even backup money, it's very young guy in development money.

I really do enjoy reading your posts man. But after Matthews and Matty mo the past two years your player projections hold very little weight at this time.

I predicted immediate success for Matthews, still believe his production will decline significantly after he signs his mega-deal.  

I believe, unlike the Matthews thing, which is probably done more for fun, pi actually has some numbers to support his stance for Cal. 

Folks were comparing Petersen to Miller in another thread.

Miller put up some excellent numbers his final two seasons at MSU:

GAA: 1.23 / 1.77

SV%: 0.950 / 0.936

Let's compare that Petersen:

GAA: 2.20 / 2.21

SV%: 0.927 / 0.926

You want to compare someone to Miller?   Try Connor Hellebuyck.  

His final two years at UMass-Lowell:

GAA: 1.37 / 1.79

SV%: 0.952 / 0.941

Petersen just isn't at that same level IMO.... a comparable would be Matt Hackett who put up almost identical numbers in his final year in juniors.

I predicted immediate success for Matthews, still believe his production will decline significantly after he signs his mega-deal.  

Folks were comparing Petersen to Miller in another thread.

Miller put up some excellent numbers his final two seasons at MSU:

GAA: 1.23 / 1.77

SV%: 0.950 / 0.936

Let's compare that Petersen:

GAA: 2.20 / 2.21

SV%: 0.927 / 0.926

You want to compare someone to Miller?   Try Connor Hellebuyck.  

His final two years at UMass-Lowell:

GAA: 1.37 / 1.79

SV%: 0.952 / 0.941

Petersen just isn't at that same level IMO.... a comparable would be Matt Hackett who put up almost identical numbers in his final year in juniors.

The numbers aren't the least bit comparable, but a college goalie I see Petersen having a similar ceiling to is Scott Darling.  It's tough to read too much into his college numbers though because those were some truly awful Maine teams.

Why in the world would we want Miller back? He is on a down ward slide age/career wise.

That sort of move would mean Russ Brandon had more control of the Sabres than we would think possible.  LOL   It would probably be a good short term buzz/pop for ticket sales, but a poor long term decision.  

I think keeping Linus is a smart move.  Team needs a good solid backup.

Not sure it has much connection, one way or another, to Lehner's status.  

Edited by Jsixspd

What is the point of claiming definite knowledge like this? You have no idea if Petersen is going to be a starter.

The chances are slim... this is based on years of research and hockey knowledge.

The chances are slim... this is based on years of research and hockey knowledge.

kinda like Auston Matthews went to Europe for money and will suck in the NHL? 

Anyways, I think Pi using Miller as a comparable is good. Very interesting analysis. 

It wouldn't be a good thing for us if LV were to up Linus. I'm glad for the one way deal because I feel that makes things too rich for LV with the question of waver. First year in Rochester I was a critic. Obviously his limitations associated with his surgery were what I was seeing. This year the kid did every single thing you'd want a goalie to do. He did it all very well. It is what it is though.

.....OK Mr. Filter. I'll play your game.

*va jay jay*

considering that penis and ###### are the anatomical names of body parts the fact they are filtered out is some 3rd grade bs. 

Oh even better, v a g i na is filtered out but not penis... seems like some sexist bs there. 

Edited by LGR4GM

considering that penis and ###### are the anatomical names of body parts the fact they are filtered out is some 3rd grade bs.

Oh even better, v a g i na is filtered out but not penis... seems like some sexist bs there.

The fact that s.n.a.t.c.h. is filtered is really silly. Its sort of like when I have a first year class and they're giggling over the fact that I'm talking about erecting.

The fact that s.n.a.t.c.h. is filtered is really silly. Its sort of like when I have a first year class and they're giggling over the fact that I'm talking about erecting.

omg the word was sn atch... freaking come on what are we 7? 

Edited by LGR4GM

And so is the 2nd half of the 1st word in the phrase "dingdong the witch is dead" on naughty word filter.

Is what it is.

I realize that it's your read. What's wrong with saying "I think" instead of declaring clairvoyance?

I'm not tryna change you or anything. I don't know if I wanna live in a world where pi isn't 100% certain of his corectness.

I realize that it's your read. What's wrong with saying "I think" instead of declaring clairvoyance?

I'm not tryna change you or anything. I don't know if I wanna live in a world where pi isn't 100% certain of his corectness.

Good points all around. At times I shake my head a bit but then I come to the same realization. I dont know if I want to live in a Sabrespace world without these....different points of view.

Let me put it this way.... he was a mid round pick, below average size for an NHL goaltender, very mediocre stats in the USHL, no world juniors appearances, stats are decent for a mid-upper tier college goalie. What makes you believe he'll be an exception and become a regular starter in the NHL when all the evidence suggests otherwise?

kinda like Auston Matthews went to Europe for money and will suck in the NHL?

Anyways, I think Pi using Miller as a comparable is good. Very interesting analysis.

Never said Matthews would suck in the NHL, but go ahead and keep putting words in my mouth.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.