2017 Free Agent Frenzy

WildCard

He was 4th in points for a D, 5th in Goals for a D, he's an offensive D and needs to get better defensively, Housley may be able to get more out of him. I'd love to have him on our roster. And to be fair when you have the star power that the Pens do it's only a matter of time that they beat you.

13 games 1g 5a -4 in playoffs=not worth it

Rangers/Caps are annual playoff teams, they believe he was worth it, he would have made our team better for sure but he wanted to be with the Rangers all along.

he's home now

The guy has played 500 NHL games, so its odd to say hes not worth it because of 13 games.

Great hometown, shorter-term deal for NYR.

I'm saying when he's not scoring and being scored on like he was in the playoffs

From NHL Network, we were one of 3-4 teams with major term/money on table for Shatty. I personally wouldn't have been happy w such a large contract for one-dimensional point but interesting to hear Botty was deep in talks. 

Just announced Buffalo had a 7 year offer to Shattenkirk, wow that's crazy that he turned that down.

From NHL Network, we were one of 3-4 teams with major term/money on table for Shatty. I personally wouldn't have been happy w such a large contract for one-dimensional point but interesting to hear Botty was deep in talks.

I'm just as happy not getting him for what cost would have been.

Yuck, our LW are Kane, Moulson, Deslaurier... If Alexander Nylander isn't ready then I wonder what the plan is there.

We could have Samson center the second line, ROR at lw, E Rod at lw, and sign Vanek.

And we just got Pouliot for lw.

I'm just as happy not getting him for what cost would have been.

Same, although I have full trust in a prudent Botty not just making a splash for the sake of it. A lot of Botty's comments on D start with integration into Housley's system, which I'm sure is what really made Shatty a target.

Happy about saving the money, but if Botty/Houser wanted him bad, its tough not to be a little upset that they didn't get their guy. 

ROR should move to lw, not sure if it will happen though. E Rod won't crack the top six with Kane still here but if Kane is dealt he could though I doubt it. We're not too bad on the left side. Really want Vanek still though. Need to get rid of Moulson. On our left wing we could have

ROR

Kane

Vanek

Pouliot

Girgs

E Rod

ROR should move to lw, not sure if it will happen though. E Rod won't crack the top six with Kane still here but if Kane is dealt he could though I doubt it. We're not too bad on the left side. Really want Vanek still though. Need to get rid of Moulson. On our left wing we could have

ROR

Kane

Vanek

Pouliot

Girgs

E Rod

This seems very far fetched, Housley wants to play an up tempo game, having the not so fast O'Reilly on the wing makes no sense, neither does Reinhart but we don't have enough good wingers to compliment our centers. Hopefully Nylander is ready and hopefully Vanek signs but these are all big if's.

Just announced Buffalo had a 7 year offer to Shattenkirk, wow that's crazy that he turned that down.

That doesn't instill much confidence in JBott. I hope it's not true, and it likely isn't considering JBott said there would be no big splash.

#TBLightning sign Chris Kunitz to a one-year deal at 2M.

Per Brendan Klak

Damn I kind of wanted him

That doesn't instill much confidence in JBott. I hope it's not true, and it likely isn't considering JBott said there would be no big splash.

Depends was the AAV the same or less. If it was 5.5 Million that's more tolerable. And Botts probably knew that Shattenkirk wasn't signing with Buffalo when he made that statement.

Here is the segment

https://twitter.com/sabresfanatics/status/881236939113992193

Botterill said they did talk to Shattenkirk's camp, but when #Sabres got Scandella defense wasn't something they need to address further

From his conference call

Given that Vanek hasn't signed, I wonder if his price is still too high?

I would bet he's just not a priority.

Botterill said they did talk to Shattenkirk's camp, but when #Sabres got Scandella defense wasn't something they need to address further

From his conference call

Given that Vanek hasn't signed, I wonder if his price is still too high?

Might be. Wonder if he's looking for two years and teams are only offering one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.