Modo at Roch meet-up

Ogre

I'll plan on bringing a fistful of vouchers with me tomorrow just in case. To be honest, this may be my last year as a season ticket holder for a while. I can't even give away my unused tickets. What is left after this game will be available for any of the remaining season. They're not good for post season though, oh wait, you mean they're not making the playoffs? They're in the bottom of the league you say? Hmmm and not for a lack of talent? I'll still go to a lot of games but they raised my seat prices and with the poop sandwich I got this year I'll stick with a game by game system.

That sucks... it makes it tough to be a season ticket holder for that level of output.  

I have made Reservation for 7 people at Dinosaur BBQ at 4pm.  Under the name Scott S....

If anyone wants to get added in, just let me know.  Is anyone planning on getting there before 4pm?

I'll be the nerd in a Mickey Mouse #1 hockey jersey.

I am going to try to be there before 4pm.  I may have a call I have to be on sometime between 3 and 4pm, but I'm shooting for being at Dino BBQ between 3 and 4 as well.

If you got whatsapp message me ur nr :)

No whatsapp.. but if you text 585-563-2076 you'll get me.

MODO,

I think the current crew (iT +1, LTS, sodbuster, Taro, Cereal, MODO; possibly Wildcard and AndrewAmerk) is all in the Rochester area.

I'm guessing you don't have a rental car?  Maybe you can lure a Buffalo-area poster to Rochester for the evening (using phat panny's)?

Or, I'd suggest renting a car for <24 hours.  Using www.carrentals.com -- I see that you can rent an economy car from Hertz at 538 Pearl St. in Buffalo for just $24/day (so like from 12pm today til 12pm tomorrow).

Hope that helps!  See y'all later.

Hmm.  I guess you were looking at Adirondack Trailways?

If you insist on taking the bus, I have found that Megabus may work for you!  Departing Buffalo at 12:20pm!  Departing Rochester at 1:55am.  $32 total after fees:

Journey: Buffalo, NY, Downtown Terminal to Rochester, NY, East Broad Street (Between Chestnut St and Broadway St)
Date: Friday March 24, 2017
Leaving: 12:20 PM
Arriving: 2:15 PM
Price: $15.00

Journey: Rochester, NY, East Broad Street (Between Chestnut St and Broadway St) to Buffalo, NY, Downtown Terminal
Date: Saturday March 25, 2017
Leaving: 1:55 AM
Arriving: 3:45 AM

EDIT: It looks like that would work great.  By the way, the bus stop in Buffalo appears to be close-ish to you, and the bus stop in Rochester is very close to the arena... don't think you'll get mugged there at 1:55am :)

Edited by Cereal

oh.. i hope theres a place that has open until then closeby :p

Hmm.  I guess you were looking at Adirondack Trailways?

If you insist on taking the bus, I have found that Megabus may work for you!  Departing Buffalo at 12:20pm!  Departing Rochester at 1:55am.  $32 total after fees:

Journey: Buffalo, NY, Downtown Terminal to Rochester, NY, East Broad Street (Between Chestnut St and Broadway St)
Date: Friday March 24, 2017
Leaving: 12:20 PM
Arriving: 2:15 PM

Journey: Rochester, NY, East Broad Street (Between Chestnut St and Broadway St) to Buffalo, NY, Downtown Terminal
Date: Saturday March 25, 2017
Leaving: 1:55 AM
Arriving: 3:45 AM

EDIT: It looks like that would work great.  By the way, the bus stop in Buffalo appears to be close-ish to you, and the bus stop in Rochester is very close to the arena... don't think you'll get mugged there at 1:55am :)

Thanks buddy for the help! :)

If anyone would care to come pick me up id gladly pay! :P

Nice, man!  You can walk to Dinosaur BBQ or Blue Cross Arena (or any of the places below) really easily from where the bus will drop you off.  (Also you should have wifi on the bus, by the way!)

You'll have a couple hours to kill.  Things you could check out, all within walking distance:

Strong Museum, just south.  "Museum of play" -- It's got like old toys and stuff.

Poke your head into Eastman Theatre (enter at Gibbs and E Main St.).

Spot Coffee is near there on East Ave, as well as Victoire - decent food, Belgian beers.  (What has become of Milestones these days?)

Further east on East Avenue, you'll have Little Theatre on the left, and all the East/Alexander bars.  This is where you'll find the sophisticated Rochester nightlife (tongue in cheek), open til 2am.  Old Toad is a good, British pub-style.  Daily Refresher, Ox and Stone, City Grill, Murphy's Law....

Roc Brewing is also a sweet little brewery!  It is on Union Street, very close to your bus stop.  Could be a great choice for when you arrive, before Dinosaur BBQ?  (Actually it opens at 3pm.  Man, maybe I'd join you!  Haha.)

Lastly, Marshall St Bar and Grill.  I may end up there after the Amerks game, as they'll have the USA-Honduras soccer game on at 10:30pm.

Nice, man!  You can walk to Dinosaur BBQ or Blue Cross Arena (or any of the places below) really easily from where the bus will drop you off.  (Also you should have wifi on the bus, by the way!)

You'll have a couple hours to kill.  Things you could check out, all within walking distance:

Strong Museum, just south.  "Museum of play" -- It's got like old toys and stuff.

Poke your head into Eastman Theatre (enter at Gibbs and E Main St.).

Spot Coffee is near there on East Ave, as well as Victoire - decent food, Belgian beers.  (What has become of Milestones these days?)

Further east on East Avenue, you'll have Little Theatre on the left, and all the East/Alexander bars.  This is where you'll find the sophisticated Rochester nightlife (tongue in cheek), open til 2am.  Old Toad is a good, British pub-style.  Daily Refresher, Ox and Stone, City Grill, Murphy's Law....

Roc Brewing is also a sweet little brewery!  It is on Union Street, very close to your bus stop.  Could be a great choice for when you arrive, before Dinosaur BBQ?  (Actually it opens at 3pm.  Man, maybe I'd join you!  Haha.)

Lastly, Marshall St Bar and Grill.  I may end up there after the Amerks game, as they'll have the USA-Honduras soccer game on at 10:30pm.

Thanks for the effort buddy!! :) much love

If i were able to get into Buffalo I would help you out but I am stuck.

We need to drag a Buffalo person to Rochester for the evening.  Post it in the other thread and maybe get a bite?  Might be too late now if you are already getting on the bus though!

I have a call from 3-3:30 or so.  I will be at Dino BBQ not too long after that!  Certainly game for after the game as well.

Public transportation is naturally terrible in a country as individualized and large as ours

It's just too bad. I'm sure he's used to just hopping on a bus or a train to go wherever. Then he comes here and it's like "Oh, a bus station? Yeah we got one of those. You can only get there by horseback though, a ticket costs a million dollars, and everything smells like piss."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.