Rob Ray

bob_sauve28

Rob and Marty have great chemistry.

There is friction there that can add some fun to the broadcast - a watching the game with your buddies vibe that's needed.

Plus it fills the gap in personality that is there whenever RJ is replaced by Dunleavy.

Hope the Sabres go with it.

What show was/is that?

I have a soft spot for Ray, I will admit. But the criticism above is fair. 

Lorentz is most certainly missed - what a mind for the game!

Surprisingly, the .gif is difficult to find.

rob-ray-hot-dog.jpg

I always feel like he's looking directly at ME in that picture.

What with Sabres hockey that rob ray is talking hockey strategies. How much ice time did he really see except punching others or getting punch. Need Lorenzo or somebody like him

I'm not sure Ray is the best example, but the plugs often need the most coaching so they spent more time with the coaches. They gotta pick up something from that.

• 7 months later...

It has to be much easier to call games and be *ready* for them especially as announcers when the team is good and there are meaningful games.

A lot of our memories of a time before Rob are also of a time when the Sabres played well and could bring the fans to their feet at any given time in a game. There was a time the AUD (or any of they alphabet soup names it's had since then) rocked.  I'm pretty sure RJ and Ray aren't the cause of it's morgue like silence we have seen the last 6 years.  But, we have critiqued our announcers as if they should make the game more exciting for us in a ..... the teams sucks, but we have the best announcers and they need to make the game more palatable... way.

Who ever is announcing will be fine, once the team is good.

It has to be much easier to call games and be *ready* for them especially as announcers when the team is good and there are meaningful games.

A lot of our memories of a time before Rob are also of a time when the Sabres played well and could bring the fans to their feet at any given time in a game. There was a time the AUD (or any of they alphabet soup names it's had since then) rocked.  I'm pretty sure RJ and Ray aren't the cause of it's morgue like silence we have seen the last 6 years.  But, we have critiqued our announcers as if they should make the game more exciting for us in a ..... the teams sucks, but we have the best announcers and they need to make the game more palatable... way.

Who ever is announcing will be fine, once the team is good.

The Aud was always the Aud:  Buffalo Memorial Auditorium.  The Sabres left the Aud and moved into Marine Midland Arena (a new arena built to replace the Aud) in 1996.  It has subsequently been renamed HSBC Arena, First Niagara Center, and finally its current KeyBank Center.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Aud was always the Aud:  Buffalo Memorial Auditorium.  The Sabres left the Aud and moved into Marine Midland Arena (a new arena built to replace the Aud) in 1996.  It has subsequently been renamed HSBC Arena, First Niagara Center, and finally its current KeyBank Center.

maxresdefault.jpg

Well, technically, the new area was the Crossroads Arena but renamed the MMarena prior to events being staged there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.