Sabres Previews from Around the Net

GASabresIUFAN

Just watched the TSN preview on the NHLNetwork. They predict Buffalo last in the Eastern Conference 4 spots behind the Leafs. Hilarious!

Please someone explain to me how a team that finished at .500 last season can be worse after adding Kulikov and Okposo. Give me a break.

It's not even funny, really. It's bordering on blatant, admitted bias against Buffalo for no reason. They aren't going to finish last.

I don't understand why my country hates the Buffalo Sabres so much.

It's not even funny, really. It's bordering on blatant, admitted bias against Buffalo for no reason. They aren't going to finish last.

I think it's the fact that since the Sabres joined the NHL the Leafs have been pretty much the most expensive, over hyped and worst performing franchise in the NHL.

No Cups since 67. 1 Divisional title (2000). 1 playoff appearance since 2004. No President's Cups. No Conference Titles. Last Conference Final was a lost to the Sabres in 1999. Yet they have the most expensive tickets; an average of $400.

The Sabres haven't been great, but at least we have won 6 divisions, 2 conference championships and a President's Cup.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-2016-17-preview-puck-daddy-picks-the-atlantic-division-191616864.html

Here is Puck Daddy's Atlantic preview. As a group they seem much more on the ball then the myopics at TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/capitals-open-on-top-of-nhl-power-rankings-1.583412

Here are TSN's initial power rankings. Buffalo 28th. Toronto 22nd.

Just watched the TSN preview on the NHLNetwork. They predict Buffalo last in the Eastern Conference 4 spots behind the Leafs. Hilarious!

Please someone explain to me how a team that finished at .500 last season can be worse after adding Kulikov and Okposo. Give me a break.

Leaf Homers

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-2016-17-preview-puck-daddy-picks-the-atlantic-division-191616864.html

Here is Puck Daddy's Atlantic preview. As a group they seem much more on the ball then the myopics at TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/capitals-open-on-top-of-nhl-power-rankings-1.583412

Here are TSN's initial power rankings. Buffalo 28th. Toronto 22nd.

.... bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *deep breath* bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

giphy.gif

The NHL has their prediction article up and they have this interesting sentence in there...

"The Pittsburgh Penguins, who won the Stanley Cup in June, were picked by two voters to repeat as champions. The Detroit Red Wings, in 1997 and 1998, are the most recent team to repeat."

Didn't the Blackhawks repeat as champions... I feel like I remember that happening.

https://www.nhl.com/news/2016-2017-predictions-from-nhl-experts/c-282554762?tid=282278696

The Leafs' core may eventually prove to be better than ours, but for so many to say it'll be better this year is absurd.

I think the Leafs defensive core looks more promising. I think their forwards will be a step below Buffalo. About this year though, we have seen how much 99% of rookies struggle in the NHL first season. I have no reason to think Matthews and fellow rookies will fall into that category as opposed to McDavid's. 

No way in hell is he hitting 75 points. He plays on the 3rd line FFS

Maybe they think Badc0ck will get him juicy matchups against other teams bottom pairs. I will say if they want to match the Leafs 3rd line against ours, I am good with that. Larsson I think is going to really turn heads this season. 

This TSN article predicts Matthews with the calder (likely) and a whopping 66pts

http://www.tsn.ca/31-bold-predictions-for-2016-17-season-1.583131

I remember someone found a pretty accurate conversion prediction model based on the point total and league a prospect played in. Anyone know what that had Matthews and Jack at? IIRC it nailed Jack's

I remember someone found a pretty accurate conversion prediction model based on the point total and league a prospect played in. Anyone know what that had Matthews and Jack at? IIRC it nailed Jack's

It had Matthews like 10 lower than Jack as rookie, but so few players have moved from the Swiss league to the NHL I'm not sure how predictive it really is for Matthews.

I watched it too. I was more confused than angry, I'm guessing they think Lehner is a bust because I couldn't agree more with the bolded part. I'm hoping we can become a playoff team but if not this year we are without question on the upswing. Last??? I haven't seen anything that suggest that from this team.

The smucks at TSN are not your country. They certainly aren't mine anyways. It was bad enough tryin to read TSNs hockey coverage when the leafs are bad never mind what its going to be like when they get good. The biggest story of the offseason was that Austen Mathews broke the glass with his first shot at leafs camp. Daily updates on his bowel movements are sure to follow.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.