OT Former Sabre Richie Dunn has passed at Age 59

That Aud Smell

Sadly, this is going to start happening more and more, losing our alumni. We've been lucky as a franchise, but time is working against us. The older guys are entering their 60s and 70s. Hope they all go to 100, but that's not realistic.

Who would be the oldest living Sabre?

Also, not to be morbid, but is there a list of Sabres who have died? I can think of Horton, Cyr, Spencer, Roger Crozier, Martin, Montador... who else?

Sadly, this is going to start happening more and more, losing our alumni. We've been lucky as a franchise, but time is working against us. The older guys are entering their 60s and 70s. Hope they all go to 100, but that's not realistic.

Who would be the oldest living Sabre?

Also, not to be morbid, but is there a list of Sabres who have died? I can think of Horton, Cyr, Spencer, Roger Crozier, Martin, Montador... who else?

Don Marshall b. 3/23/32.

Larry Mickey, Kevin O'Shea.

I happened to look up Larry Mickey and meant to post this before... Its a cautionary tale. He was on the '74-75 team (who was probably 1-2 players away from winning the Cup --Butch Goring anyone? vs Flyers...) He was mediocre and hung on by his fingernails as a hockey player. When his career was over, he still tried to be involved in hockey but hockey did not want him. Problem: all he ever wanted to do was hockey. He was an alcoholic, had several failed ventures, became more and more mental and committed suicide.

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/09/08/sports/after-hockey-life-was-too-difficult.html?pagewanted=all 

Edited by Marvelo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.