GDT: Buffalo Bills @ Baltimore Ravens 9/11/16

qwksndmonster

I do not ever want to see a game day thread for the Bills in here again.

If I want that, there are innumerable Bills forums, one of which is run by SDS.

This is a Sabres forum.  Period.

We have a Bills thread, and that's nice, but LEAVE IT THERE.

Rex says he made the call to double the number three receiver on the play where Duke Williams was left alone on Wallace (Wallace scored the difference-making TD).

Mike Rodak

@mikerodak

Rex Ryan says Mike Wallace's 66-yard touchdown catch was "on him" because he doubled a different player instead... es.pn/2c2fwW6

Cordy Glenn in a walking boot. He's on my list of four or five guys that would make this team go from "meh" to "terrible" if out for an extended period.

I dunno. I didn't notice much of a drop-off from Glenn to Kouandjio (which isn't to say there won't be when teams can game plan the difference). I'll still be sad if we let Gilmore walk because we valued Glenn more highly (and I say this initially being pleased with the Glenn deal).

This is a Sabres forum. Period.

Shush you.

I can't say I agree. Tyrod isn't Brady or Manning, he doesn't make light speed reads, he needs time in the pocket. I don't think he's capable of being good when the line is a tire fire. I guess that still falls under the umbrella of bad, but it's very much the expectation.

Anyway, at least the Jets lost. But I do think their DL is going to eat our offense alive on Thursday.

Funny how much we agree on hockey, and how it doesn't translate to football :lol:

Funny how much we agree on hockey, and how it doesn't translate to football :lol:

I'm not sure we're so far apart here in analysis, just expectations. I like Tyrod a lot, and I think we can be a playoff team with him...but he's not the QB who is going to completely cover up shortcomings elsewhere. He needs a functional unit around him, and didn't get that today. He can absolutely save broken plays, but if the OL is under siege all day, it'll be a struggle. So yea, he was bad today...but it's precisely what I'd expect out of him given the circumstances.

I'm not sure we're so far apart here in analysis, just expectations. I like Tyrod a lot, and I think we can be a playoff team with him...but he's not the QB who is going to completely cover up shortcomings elsewhere. He needs a functional unit around him, and didn't get that today. He can absolutely save broken plays, but if the OL is under siege all day, it'll be a struggle. So yea, he was bad today...but it's precisely what I'd expect out of him given the circumstances.

You say you like Tyrod but your analysis says he's average to below average.

you have a great WR in Watkins who you throw to ..short.. a few times.Are we trying to not wear Sammy out?

I think with a good coach TT is an above avg QB.

TT is one of the great runners in the league.Let him run and spread the field.

This was the most constipated looking offense I have seen in Buffalo since 2014,2013,2012,2011,2010......etc.

You're not an only child, are you?

Nah. I think at the root of everything is we've all been spoiled by watching two of the three best QBs ever (Brady and Manning) consistently compensate for dogshit supporting casts. Even modern great QBs can't do that. As Hoss mentioned, Brees, Ryan, the other Manning...they miss the playoffs all the time. When I say Tyrod needs a functional supporting cast, I mean I think he can be genuinely good in such circumstances, not just scrape by. If 10 is HoF, I think Tyrod is 7 with the right support and 4-5 without it. An average QB is 5-6 with the right support and 3-4 without it. Hope that clarifies.

you have a great WR in Watkins who you throw to ..short.. a few times.Are we trying to not wear Sammy out?

I think with a good coach TT is an above avg QB.

TT is one of the great runners in the league.Let him run and spread the field.

This was the most constipated looking offense I have seen in Buffalo since 2014,2013,2012,2011,2010......etc.

Constipated ... always a moment away from great things that never materialize, effort and concentration notwithstanding.

I dunno. I didn't notice much of a drop-off from Glenn to Kouandjio (which isn't to say there won't be when teams can game plan the difference). I'll still be sad if we let Gilmore walk because we valued Glenn more highly (and I say this initially being pleased with the Glenn deal).

After a good first drive Cyrus got abused. Cordy Glenn is a top five or six left tackle in the league.

If a decent receiving corps is part of a "functional unit" then Whaley's failure to address the position in the offseason is magnified further.

After a good first drive Cyrus got abused. Cordy Glenn is a top five or six left tackle in the league.

If a decent receiving corps is part of a "functional unit" then Whaley's failure to address the position in the offseason is magnified further.

Cyrus whiffed on one block big time, didn't see any other singular disasters. And I'm definitely not thrilled with the receiving corps, it's a problem. Though I think it's a manageable problem...unless they routinely need to have extra blockers in to protect a weak line. Really wish we'd have added someone to push Woods for the #2 role.

Sure, this is a Sabres forum, but I like the idea of a Bills GTD during the offseason. The guys around here are pretty levelheaded compared to the hot takes you'd probably find on some Bills forums. I don't mind it at all. And not for nothing, but 4 of the last 5 threads you've started haven't been about the Sabres  :P I kid, but I don't think this is something to leave over.

Sure, this is a Sabres forum, but I like the idea of a Bills GTD during the offseason. The guys around here are pretty levelheaded compared to the hot takes you'd probably find on some Bills forums. I don't mind it at all. And not for nothing, but 4 of the last 5 threads you've started haven't been about the Sabres :P I kid, but I don't think this is something to leave over.

I see Eleven's point, though. Since the game ended the Bills discussion has been split between two threads. I'll lock this thread to remedy that.