OHL team will "loan" Nylander to Rochester

PromoTheRobot

This basically means that the Sabres believe he should be in the AHL if he doesn't make the big team.

There will be a lot of bodies up front down there, even assuming one of the top 10 playing in Buffalo.

Schneider O'Reilly Bailey Rodrigues

NYlander Grant Fasching

Carrier Catenacci Baptiste

Karabacek Dupuy Cornel

This basically means that the Sabres believe he should be in the AHL if he doesn't make the big team.

There will be a lot of bodies up front down there, even assuming one of the top 10 playing in Buffalo.

Schneider O'Reilly Bailey Rodrigues

NYlander Grant Fasching

Carrier Catenacci Baptiste

Karabacek Dupuy Cornel

That's a really young team for the AHL, isn't it? Lot of talent, but light on experience.

That's a really young team for the AHL, isn't it? Lot of talent, but light on experience.

Yes. But keep in mind COR, Schnieder and Grant are AHL studs.

and Catenacci, Carrier and Bailey are already proven at that level.

You figure Baptiste and Rodrigues should be better in year two, Fasching has an NHL body and Nylander has NHL skills. If even two of those guys emerge, you should have three effective lines.

The problem last year, however, was the D.

They made big changes back there. I think they could have five new faces.

It will be interesting to watch. Murray has enough time that there is no excuse for not putting together a playoff team this year.

That's a very disingenuous way for his OHL team to word things. The Hockey Writers explained the loophole here http://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-alex-nylander-may-play-in-ahl-due-to-loophole-report/

I am excited Nylander will be getting ice time in Rochester. In 1 - 2 years he can be a very good Sabre and more importantly that falls in line with when we will need a stud rookie to add some extra points to our cup run. 

I get nervous when young fast skill players do time in the AHL.  I suppose Ennis came out OK, but after that, who's the last "skill" player to successfully take that route for Sabres?  Girgensons almost got killed before getting out (6'2").  Foligno is a grinder.  Grigorenko is big at 6'3''. My man Tropp, while not the same level I know, was also wrecked after a promising NHL/AHL stint. 

I'd love to see this kid in person on the cheap in ROC, but yeah.  AHL with respect to forwards, is a grinder league fighting for 3rd-4th line NHL jobs, isn't it?  

Panik v Girgensons

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.