OT Matthew Coller Leaving GR

Brawndo

right, because it's warm and sunny in Buffalo in winter

Buffalo maybe cold but it isn't Minnesota cold.

Was Coller the one who got in a weird pissing match with Tim Graham about Coller's claim to have played baseball while in JuCo?

I think it was then that I decided that Graham was a certified prick.

What is the couple sentence summary here?

Coller is clearly a rising star (ESPN also post some of his authored articles). Matthew consistently has data to support his arguments and humor to deliver them with tact. I have no relation to this man, yet may have shed tears when I heard the news last night.

The data he had we all have access to. you just need to know where to get it and how to use it.

Buffalo maybe cold but it isn't Minnesota cold.

What is the couple sentence summary here?

And Buffalo likely gets more snow. Just a guess. Lake effect.

As for the summary: Coller dissected something Graham wrote without saying his name or inviting him on the show (the latter wasn't a dis - I am sure WGR policy now prohibits it). Graham then went on a very personal, fairly creepy ad hominem Twitter attack. Coller rejoined for a while, then backed off saying things were getting way too weird (e.g., Graham called a coach from the Ju Co team Coller had claimed to play for).

The Coller v Graham heavyweight match should not be a part of his Buffalo legacy. Rather it should encompass bringing the data to the people, #GuiltyPleasureTankSnark, and the Buffalo Bills winning the Stanley Cup.

Heavyweight? Legacy?

Anyway. It's definitely a memorable incident. And one that reflected very poorly on Graham, imo.

The data he had we all have access to. you just need to know where to get it and how to use it.

WTF dude. Books on tape. That's what I want with all this ANALYTICS crap. Books on tape is the way I need it presented to me.

The Coller v Graham heavyweight match should not be a part of his Buffalo legacy. Rather it should encompass bringing the data to the people, #GuiltyPleasureTankSnark, and the Buffalo Bills winning the Stanley Cup.

I'd rather see the Sabres win the Super Bowl than the Bills will the Stanley Cup.

Coller is clearly a rising star (ESPN also post some of his authored articles). Matthew consistently has data to support his arguments and humor to deliver them with tact. I have no relation to this man, yet may have shed tears when I heard the news last night.

My favorite data-driven Coller moment was when he declared Matt Cassel would be the Bills starter because he played two series in preseason game #3, just like Ben Roethlisberger did.

I never really liked Collar. I think the analytics shtick masked the fact that he isn't a very good broadcaster. That being said, he sadly is the best of a sorry staff. Wish him well.

You should listen to his completely impromptu interview of Bylsma from Monday.  He didn't even know Bylsma was going to be in the building, and he did a great job.

Coller is the MVP of the morning show and that's by far their best local program. He also balances out Petey from 10-12. Buscaglia was/is also very talented and left for a promotion. It seems common at that station. You can clearly tell these guys along with Jeremy, Cich, Fisher put in hours of extra work on analytics, songs, topics, etc.... This is in direct contrast to the majority of what is available at the local newspaper. Most of those are recycled takes or quotes from the locker room. Is it just me, or shouldn't the newspaper have more to offer in terms of sports commentary than the radio station? Dunne is an enormous loss and  almost everyone at the newspaper has on occasion written an original piece but too often it is just another hot take or tidbit we've heard elsewhere. 

Wasn't Bylsma there to record an ad, unannounced?  Like he just stopped in the studio and they put headphones on him?  Do I have the wrong interview?

We're talking about the same interview. I just could not tell if they were clowning a bit about the whole thing being totally unplanned.

If it was done on the fly, it was impressive.

If it was planned, it was still really, really good work.

We're talking about the same interview. I just could not tell if they were clowning a bit about the whole thing being totally unplanned.

If it was done on the fly, it was ###### impressive.

They seemed serious about it to me.

If it was done on the fly, it was ###### impressive.

If it was a planned visit, it would have been promoted on social media and discussed during the show opening, unless it was planned but not confirmed until DDB got there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.