2) Where Jack is ranked

3) Where McDavid is ranked

4) Who's the top breakout player

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-networks-top-40-breakout-players/c-281176608

1) One

2) 38

3) Three

4) Panarin

Edit: What a bad list. I kinda get the young goalies because they faced off for the Cup...but Greiss? Shiefele? Good lord.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I actually was surprised to see Reinhart on the list.

I agree. Normally he's been left off these types of things. I really think the word "underrated" is going to become synonymous with Reinhart throughout his career.

Interesting list but some questionable choices. It also says Eichel was a finalist for the Calder.

I'm almost positive they're wrong about Eichel ending the season with a 5-game point streak, because I'm almost positive he didn't get one in the final home game. And he was not a Calder finalist.

True, Scheifele absolutely deserves to be where he was. The guy led the NHL in scoring over the final 20 something games, if I remember correctly.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I'm almost positive they're wrong about Eichel ending the season with a 5-game point streak, because I'm almost positive he didn't get one in the final home game. And he was not a Calder finalist.

True, Scheifele absolutely deserves to be where he was. The guy led the NHL in scoring over the final 20 something games, if I remember correctly.

Fair, but he did do it in "garbage time" when the Jets had long been eliminated from the playoffs. Not to dampen the accomplishment, but backups galore.

And Eichel did indeed end on that streak. Had an apple against Columbus.

Fair, but he did do it in "garbage time" when the Jets had long been eliminated from the playoffs. Not to dampen the accomplishment, but backups galore.

Sure, but so did Jack and Connor and many others listed. Those guys didn't lead the NHL in scoring during that same stretch. In fact I remember March being an incredibly easy schedule.

They're right, he did

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/3648002/jack-eichel

Sure, but so did Jack and Connor and many others listed. Those guys didn't lead the NHL in scoring during that same stretch. In fact I remember March being an incredibly easy schedule.

I also don't think McDavid ended on that hot of a streak, though. Could be wrong but I think he tailed off a tad. I'm sceptical on Scheifele also as it was time for his big payday when he heated up.

Again, he played great.

Edit - Well, Connor had 20 points over final 20 games. So really good, but actually bellow his season pace. So he didn't produce increased totals near the end like Scheifele did.

Edited by Thorny

I stand corrected. I went and watched the highlights of that Columbus game, and I must have been in the bathroom for that goal or something, I don't remember ever seeing it.

Looking at that too, we went 10-6-4 to close out the season. Over 82 games that's about 96 points. Not bad, not bad at all

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.