DD: 95 points

WildCard

It is weird that Hot Daniel qualified anything with Vesey.

I know it was off the cuff, but I don't like that he did that.

Good call, PA.

It is strange that he did that -- and he mentioned Vesey twice in a short answer about playoff expectations -- unless he is highly confident that the Sabres are going to sign him.

I think 95 points and playoffs is a bit of a stretch for this team yet.    They're getting better, but teams will start to take them more seriously, meaning they won't start their backup tendies, etc... That will have a negative impact.   I could see them floating around within shooting distance of 8th, but likely landing somewhere around 9-11th with a 5-10 point improvement, somewhere around 85-90 points. 

I completely agree with the bolded -- the Sabres didn't get the opponents' A games most nights.  Hopefully that will change because the Sabres will be good enough to require it, but it will make it tougher to get wins.

Nylander and Baptiste, Vesey icing on cake

Why Baptiste? He was clearly behind Bailey, Carrier, Rodrigues and possibly Fasching last season.

He said that because he knows we are getting Vesey.

Vesey is signing here.

Or he's an out if touch 50 something that doesn't understand how the CBA works and has bad info?

Why Baptiste? He was clearly behind Bailey, Carrier, Rodrigues and possibly Fasching last season.

Or he's an out if touch 50 something that doesn't understand how the CBA works and has bad info?

Doubtful he'd be out of touch with the goings on of his own team. If he's not exceptionally confident Vesey is signing, the comments would be very odd.

It could be just that, but the former seems more likely.

Sabres need a scorer, while the others overall game may be higher, Baptiste can score... that being said lets see what happens at the real camp.

95 JUSTIN BAILEY RW 70 20 25 45 -7 16 4 0 186 10.8

22 PHIL VARONE (X) C 44 13 19 32 -23 20 4 1 89 14.6

65 MATT DONOVAN D 73 8 23 31 -23 61 5 0 119 6.7

28 WILLIAM CARRIER LW 56 13 17 30 14 48 0 0 123 10.6

15 EVAN RODRIGUES C 72 9 21 30 -15 39 2 0 160 5.6

20 JASON AKESON (X) RW 52 8 22 30 -17 18 3 0 136 5.9

16 CAL O'REILLY C 47 6 23 29 -20 6 3 0 81 7.4

13 NICK BAPTISTE RW 62 13 15 28 -3 30 1 0 92 14.1

If you say so...

Edited by inkman

95 JUSTIN BAILEY RW 70 20 25 45 -7 16 4 0 186 10.8

22 PHIL VARONE (X) C 44 13 19 32 -23 20 4 1 89 14.6

65 MATT DONOVAN D 73 8 23 31 -23 61 5 0 119 6.7

28 WILLIAM CARRIER LW 56 13 17 30 14 48 0 0 123 10.6

15 EVAN RODRIGUES C 72 9 21 30 -15 39 2 0 160 5.6

20 JASON AKESON (X) RW 52 8 22 30 -17 18 3 0 136 5.9

16 CAL O'REILLY C 47 6 23 29 -20 6 3 0 81 7.4

13 NICK BAPTISTE RW 62 13 15 28 -3 30 1 0 92 14.1

If you say so...

So he shows up at camp... remember him scoring last year and having couple big score sheets on the Roch.

Okay, makes sense. Thanks!

You....you should post more

I think 95 points and playoffs is a bit of a stretch for this team yet.    They're getting better, but teams will start to take them more seriously, meaning they won't start their backup tendies, etc... That will have a negative impact.   I could see them floating around within shooting distance of 8th, but likely landing somewhere around 9-11th with a 5-10 point improvement, somewhere around 85-90 points. 

35-36-11, and 2-7 in the shootouts. Getting even 5/11 of those games and we're a 10 point improvement. I can easily recall a handful of games we should have won. We'll get to 90 easily, and we should (better) make the playoffs. True said it earlier, it's how we get there; if we're completely healthy and miss the playoffs, and unless we hit 100pts or something absurd and miss out, I'm not happy

“It’s nice to say that playoffs are a definite goal and you actually mean it when you say it,” general manager Tim Murray said after development camp wrapped up Tuesday in HarborCenter. “Ninety-five points is a nice number. I haven’t looked at it that close yet but expectations are the playoffs and to be competitive.

“I’ve said all along we’re getting there. ... Our young kids that played on the team last year, we expect to take a step. We signed Kyle on July 1, which is a big step forward. We all believe there’s been lots of improvement here and there’s a lot of room for more. I don’t know where Dan came up with the 95 but I’ll take a look at that.” - GMTM

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/12/expectations-building-for-the-coming-sabres-season/

Edited by WildCard

35-36-11, and 2-7 in the shootouts. Getting even 5/11 of those games and we're a 10 point improvement. I can easily recall a handful of games we should have won. We'll get to 90 easily, and we should (better) make the playoffs. True said it earlier, it's how we get there; if we're completely healthy and miss the playoffs, and unless we hit 100pts or something absurd and miss out, I'm not happy

If they get 5 Ws out of the 11 OTLs, that's a 5-point improvement, not 10, right?

They need to be a few games over DeLuca .500 to make the playoffs -- e.g. 44-31-7.

Okay, makes sense. Thanks!

Ahhh Phoebe. She was at the top for me for quite a while after Fast Times.

He's right.. More Phoebe!

Not sure if this is right or not but there's no way it's the chick from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. The chick in his avatar is much more tan.

I'm going to look into this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jerry! Can you help me out?  I've researched and cant post most of the pictures because Phoebe in most of the pics is showing ta tas and I 'm pretty sure I can't post that. And I can't figure out how to copy and paste ones with her top on and frankly don't want to. After all I'm talking about your avatar.

Good work Rakish. I hope the error of my ways are overlooked. If you search pictures of Phoebe Cates in that red bikini from Fast Times At Ridgemont High, I think you'll how the mistake could be made :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.