Terry Pegula will be on Schopp & Bulldog today...

Eleven

This is cool. I don't remember him being on in a long time, maybe right when they bought the Bills? It'll be interesting.

Anyone remember when Schopp hung up on Terry when he called into "The Hobby"? Always funny.

I didn't know about that.  What happened?

I didn't know about that.  What happened?

When Terry first bought the Sabres he called in to the Hobby without telling Schopp who he was, he just said he was "Terry". Schopp eventually hung up on him because he was up against the end of the show. It was all very amicable, just funny in hindsight.

Actually found it! 

http://media.wgr550.com/a/97893687/10-11-pegula-calls-the-hobby.htm

Also, I forgot, but it was actually the very last show of "The Hobby", so Mike cut out a little early to do goodbyes and thank yous. http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/wgr-host-rushes-terry-off-the-air-20141011

Edited by sabills

When Terry first bought the Sabres he called in to the Hobby without telling Schopp who he was, he just said he was "Terry". Schopp eventually hung up on him because he was up against the end of the show. It was all very amicable, just funny in hindsight.

Actually found it! 

http://media.wgr550.com/a/97893687/10-11-pegula-calls-the-hobby.htm

Also, I forgot, but it was actually the very last show of "The Hobby", so Mike cut out a little early to do goodbyes and thank yous. http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/wgr-host-rushes-terry-off-the-air-20141011

A guy committed to winning championships would have started collecting in '54, not '56.  More proof that ownership isn't really interested in winning.

A guy committed to winning championships would have started collecting in '54, not '56.  More proof that ownership isn't really interested in winning.

If he wants to buy more cards, he'll just drill another well.

Both of these had me literally laughing out loud.

Terry sounds like a recovering meddler. Promising.

The league advised against the Sabres selling tickets to the draft. It "worked" because of the tremendous hockey market in Buffalo.

"Time to start winning."

Terry has a lake in the Adirondacks.

He didn't know the Cavs had won the NBA Championship until Russ Brandon told him.

Where's LeBron?

Terry definitely is not one for interviews. I was cringing through some of that.

I didn't get to hear it after all, but he definitely is NOT a good public speaker / interviewee.  Just not his bag.  But he's good at a lot of other things.

I was going to say wouldn't it be nice if Mike treated all of his guests the way he treats Terry (when he knows it's Terry) and not in the crummy fashion he treats everyone, Terry included when he doesn't know it's Terry... but... breath... he actually treated Terry when he didn't know it was Terry almost in a human-like fashion.

• 2 months later...

Are Schopp and the Bulldog as distorted over the air as they are on the internet feed? It's almost un-listenable.

I think they sound good over the TuneIn app.

As for regular radio, they sound fine on 550, even better on  HD (98.5), in my car.  My other radios are all crappy transistor radios or alarm clock radios, so yeah, they don't sound good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.