Memorial Cup 2016

Norcal

Overall London v Brandon was pretty competitive in 5 on 5. London scored alot on the PP

When Marner, Dvorack and Tkachuk attack into the offensive zone they look like they are doing a practice drill with their passing. Tic Tac Toe

Dvorack can shoot and looks NHL ready for sure

Provorov is a stud, Philly has a good one coming soon IMO

London is just too loaded at this level, they should cruise

Can someone explain what a "wheat king" is? I mean, I live in a city with one of the dumbest possible sport team names ever (the Bills), and a really kinda odd other one (yeah, the Sabs) and even I find that one weird.

Can someone explain what a "wheat king" is? I mean, I live in a city with one of the dumbest possible sport team names ever (the Bills), and a really kinda odd other one (yeah, the Sabs) and even I find that one weird.

Apparently wheat king is a term used to refer to the big grain silos on the prairies.

Canadian prairie is wheat country.

london 5  Rouyn-Noranda  2    Marner 4 assists ,, 13 points in three games

tonight was not easy,, constant penalties  Knights short handed over 35 minutes of game.. 

teams very close 

London with three wins are in Sundays final

An outstanding slice of Canadiana penned by the inestimable Mr. Gordon Downey.

you need see the prairie wheat fields to understand wheat kings 

Edited by millbank

Gonna have to just trust you. Because googling "wheat king" turns up nothing but the hockey team and the song.

You are over-thinking this. Brandon is farm country. Acres upon acres of wheat. They are the kings of the region. Wheat kings.

ETA- I assume Brandon is known as the Wheat City? The hockey teams prior arena was the Wheat City Arena.

Edited by We've

Despite the fact that The Wheat Kings knocked off The Rebels in the playoffs this year in 5 games the Red Deer Rebels won 2-1 in OT and will advance to the semi final game on Friday night vs Rouyn-Noranda to decide who will play the powerhouse London in the Final on Sunday.

Nolan Patrick, next years early projected #1 overall pick finished up with 1 assist and was -2 for the tourney.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.