Sabres at Islanders - 4/9/16 7:30 pm

inkman

I agree with your first line, but disagree on the reason. Being better than three rookies and Colaiacovo does not a good second pairing defenseman make.

Since it looks like we have some time to fill, I understand your position better after reading that excellent dman manifesto you wrote a while back. Agreed with a lot of it.

And it also explained why you dislike Gorges so much.

It's just that playing defence is a lot more than just first pass and composure on the forecheck.

And there aren't enough NHL defenceman who have that skill set

Oops and we're back

Since it looks like we have some time to fill, I understand your position better after reading that excellent dman manifesto you wrote a while back. Agreed with a lot of it.

And it also explained why you dislike Gorges so much.

It's just that playing defence is a lot more than just first pass and composure on the forecheck.

And there aren't enough NHL defenceman who have that skill set

Oops and we're back

I agree, and I don't believe Bogo is good enough in those other areas to offset his weaknesses on what I'm looking for. And FWIW, the stats don't support any notion that he's some kind of defensive dynamo either--if anything, they point to him as a defensive liability. And the injuries/contract really stick in my craw. Death, taxes, and Bogosian missing 20 games.

Edit: Sorry if I'm coming off cranky at the moment. Grading short answer responses and....yea...I'm not sure why I bother lecturing at all :wallbash:

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Moulsen's 20 points in 80 games is a disaster of a season for him.   Ennis has 11 points in 23 games.   Matt pack your bags and head on down the road.  You can get better with a low cost FA.

Top 10 adjectives no one has used this year to describe Moulsen's .25 PPG pace:

10) Fiery

9) Heated

8) Scalding

7) Scorching

6) Searing

5) Sizzling

4) Torrid

3) Boiling

2) Red-hot

1) Gretzky-like

Edited by Kruppstahl

I think Zemgus needs to gain some muscle.  He plays a physical game but doesn't have the power to pull it off, yet.

They list him at like 6'1" and 190 lbs.

He has always looked a bit skinny to me on the ice with equipment on, relatively speaking.

I'd love to see him bulk up a bit too.

I'm still believing Samson is our future Datsyuk. I'm mindful of a WJC takeaway.... opposition had the empty net. Reinhart just pressured on a forecheck, positioned himself... casual-like (like Francis Begbie), and took away the puck. Deposited it in the empty net. And after that, well, the game was his.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.