GDT: Canadiens @ Sabres 7pm, 3/16/2016

LGR4GM

Brian's really going to criticize Lehner for taking a penalty? 

My god this whole organization is turning into T-ball league. 

Personally I think he needs to start worrying more about stopping the puck, and less about who he should fight or want to fight.........

maybe its something with Ottawa goaltending system and goalies who like to fight, Emery, Lehner.....

I really don't see an issue with what Lehner does. If anything it probably pumps up the rest of the team more than any staged fight. If this was an important game and points meant something, maybe Lehner acts differently. But neither of these teams are going anywhere this year, it's a meaningless game, let the guy try to get his team to rally around something exciting. God knows nobody else had the balls to do it tonight. 

I said it a month ago, they'll neuter Lehner before you know it. God forbid we actually have a player with some personality. 

I don't know why this game frustrates me so much, but I'm noticing trends that don't scream progress. 

You're playing a team, at home, who is arguably in the biggest downward spiral, starting a 3rd string goaltender with 6 players remaining from the opening day roster. If the coaches and media are going to focus on a penalty the goaltender took that ended up in a power play goal, and not the fact that the team shouldn't have already been up by at least 3 goals............. then priorities need to change. Nobody else gives the team something to rally around, nice to see the goaltender try to do it.

Please, never buy playoff tickets

The curse doesn't seem to apply to the playoffs, I was at the May Day Game and Barnaby's Mother Day Hat trick game as well.

Where were you last year when everyone was freaking out about winning too much? :lol:

I should have been attending games!! :)

Lehner needs to learn to keep his cool.  I mean it.  This was a 2-1 win without him losing his temper.

I do not want him to lose his cool.  Or to flip his lid.

If you are talking the penalty, I didn't think he lost his cool.

Looked to me like he did what most guys do in a scrum, pulled a guy off a teammate.

Maybe a bad decision, but not the same thing as losing his cool.

Thought he actually did a good job keeping his cool when McCarron grabbed his mask.

No one talking about how O'Reilly got embarrassed on the winner?

Looked like Mike Weber in concrete.

This isn't going to mean much, but the Sabres were clearly the better team tonight.

These past few weeks against the bottom feeders is the first stretch in four years that I look at the players on the ice and say we should win this one.

It's not much, but it's something.

And everyone who took the over should collect now. ROR skated just over 22 minutes.

Dan is just too OCD. I knew he couldn't help himself.

If you are talking the penalty, I didn't think he lost his cool.

Looked to me like he did what most guys do in a scrum, pulled a guy off a teammate.

Maybe a bad decision, but not the same thing as losing his cool.

Thought he actually did a good job keeping his cool when McCarron grabbed his mask.

No one talking about how O'Reilly got embarrassed on the winner?

Looked like Mike Weber in concrete.

No, I'm talking about his temper carrying over.

I'll re-watch tomorrow on 90.

Why the hell am I still up after 12?  

This isn't going to mean much, but the Sabres were clearly the better team tonight.

These past few weeks against the bottom feeders is the first stretch in four years that I look at the players on the ice and say we should win this one.

It's not much, but it's something.

And everyone who took the over should collect now. ROR skated just over 22 minutes.

Dan is just too OCD. I knew he couldn't help himself.

Since he got hurt, Larsson has had one game under 15 minutes, with an average (eye balling it) in the 17 range. Tonight? 14:05. There isn't a single good reason for this in O'Reilly's first game of hockey in a month.

Since he got hurt, Larsson has had one game under 15 minutes, with an average (eye balling it) in the 17 range. Tonight? 14:05. There isn't a single good reason for this in O'Reilly's first game of hockey in a month.

No reason at all, especially given Larsson's effectiveness and that of his line. Jack had about 22 minute too.

Larson actually had some rare (and welcome) PK time too, so his 5on5 must have really been off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.