GDT: Canadiens @ Sabres 7pm, 3/16/2016

LGR4GM

My 2 cents: this entire debate is the kind of white noise that gets talked about when the team has been bad for awhile. If we had a Cup or two in the bank not a single soul would care whether Lehner took an unnecessary 2 minute penalty, or whether the coach approves of said action. "Winning solves everything" may be the single most accurate sports cliché ever.

Actually caught most of this one.

Kane looked pretty smooth with O'Reilly. Maybe he really is learning to play with more attention to detail. I don't know, and I suspect I won't until next season. I just think Larsson and Kane would be a great pairing.

Samson and Eichel are good together, but I can't abide having Samson at wing at this point. This season is (now) about development, how about we see some of that science that Bylsma is supposedly always doing with our lines?

I blame Bylsma for O'Reilly getting burned in overtime. 22 minutes in his first game back? Not relying on Larsson who's been an absolute beast lately? Tsk tsk.

I still don't know how Gionta and Girgensons were unable to open up and get the tap in behind Scrivens in OT. And Bogosian's attempt to stop the accross pass in OT was pretty brutal.

Deslauriers played an OK game. He had another pretty sick tip from the high slot. I am still shocked that Scrivens gloved it down. What a save.

That second goal Lehner gave up was super unlucky (tip off Gionta). Nice game from him otherwise. I missed when he apparently flipped his lid.

My 2 cents: this entire debate is the kind of white noise that gets talked about when the team has been bad for awhile. If we had a Cup or two in the bank not a single soul would care whether Lehner took an unnecessary 2 minute penalty, or whether the coach approves of said action. "Winning solves everything" may be the single most accurate sports cliché ever.

Amen. some of you are upset we lost our cool, some of you are upset we didn't.

I don't think either was the reason we lost last night.

The Sabres lost a game where they outplayed the other team.

Happens every night in the NHL. Buffalo fans are just not used to being on the wrong end.

I think that is a fair way to look at this but I just see it different.  I will say that when this team is finally done being built I think the best way to respond to a team trying to get you off your game is to dominate the play. Chicago doesn't have to physically over power other teams because when a team gets chippy they get business like and dominate.

I agree with that. I think Chicago is the exception to the rule, I'd love for BFLO to eventually be so good they don't have to find other ways to win. 

That's the fun part about hockey, finding the right combination of speed, power and intimidation to build success. 

I really do think if the Sabres won the Cup, we'd still find something to bitch about.  :angel:

Is this what happens after you win a Cup? You just sort of sit there stoned for years, still high from the celebration, not caring about bad penalties?

A professional goalie just said that they're more likely to hit Lehner.  What more do you need?

A ref who will actually call the game properly? If other teams players are going to start hitting Lehner, and the ref does his job and calls those instances what they are, penalties, they'll stop doing it.

Thinking back, Lehner may have done what he did to stand up for himself getting run over earlier in the game.

I just remember Risto doing a bunch of pansy schoolgirl cross checks to the player that ran Lehner over. Then everybody pushes each other a little and it's over. So we're a bit more physical than the Lucic/Miller thing, but nothing special. 

I see your point a little better now. 

Exactly. Even the announcers on the Canadian feed pointed this out. If the ref does his job and rings Galchenyuk up for his blatant body check to Lehner earlier in the game, none of the other stuff probably happens. The announcers were Habs guys and even they were incredulous that no call was made on that play.

Bingo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.