NYR @ Buffalo, 7PM EST, 3/8/2016, TV: MSG+, MSGB

MattPie

Officiating has been laughable tonight.

Luderous, is the perfect Rayism for that team of officials.

Fun game to watch. In a nutshell what I thought this team would look like this year. Fun, with youthful enthusiasm and errors.

Edited by Woods-Racer

He's back in the net too far and when the puck comes off the right wall back to the point he has to push off with his left foot to get square, but he's not on the top of the crease where he should be for a shot from that distance. You can see it in the screen cap. There's just waaaayyyy too much net, regardless of how good that screen is. He needs to be out at the top of the crease. 

Agreed on the "way too much net" observation. Just, visually, it looked like a goal scored from another era.

OTOH, it's unclear how he was supposed to push to the top of the crease with a Ranger stationed directly in his path.

Agreed on the "way too much net" observation. Just, visually, it looked like a goal scored from another era.

OTOH, it's unclear how he was supposed to push to the top of the crease with a Ranger stationed directly in his path.

He needs to get there. Even if he's not outside the crease, he needs to be at the very top of it. If there's a Ranger there then it's interference. In that sequence the Rangers player is well outside the crease. No reason Lehner can't be challenging that shot. 

I'm not schooled in the way of goaltender positioning, but, looking at that third goal again, I can see what you mean. The blocker is positioned with its short side facing down to the ice; chz is saying the blocker should have its the long side facing the ice, yes?

Also on that third goal: Lehner was almost perfectly screened, and the shot's placement was excellent for where the screen was. Carlo did not help out his goalie there, at all. That said, Lehner didn't seem to put himself in a good position to make the save.

Ok, I'll put it simpler.  His blocker face was looking at the shot but as the shot comes in and he goes down it points towards the boards. If he had kept it facing the shot he could have made the save.

It would be good to have him.

There are two among us who said, at the time, that Franson sold that hit to buy a call. It did not look that way to me at the time, and apparently it wasn't (that way).

I was one. I still think he strained his neck trying to sell it.  :devil:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.