NYR @ Buffalo, 7PM EST, 3/8/2016, TV: MSG+, MSGB

MattPie

I get that, I think you may be focusing in the wrong play though

Well yeah, it did.

No I am focusing on a play that I have seen from Jack repeatedly. He gets pushed off pucks far easier than he should. Something for him to work hard on in the off season. He need to be more tenacious.

No I am focusing on a play that I have seen from Jack repeatedly. He gets pushed off pucks far easier than he should. Something for him to work hard on in the off season. He need to be more tenacious.

Tenacious, yes, but I don't think he gets pushed off of pucks as much as you believe. I really don't think that play was his fault, I guess we'll just disagree on this one

I feel at odds with this entire board on 2 things that I keep trying to reconcile. I love the things that Eichel and Lehner do that everyone else loves. But I hate the things they do that most are just like "no worries that happens".  Really though the important question is how much of a jump both those players can make from this season into next. If they jump far enough, dear god we will be electric to watch.

Stop bitchin' about the icing call.  It didn't lead directly to the Rangers EN goal.

This game was lost by Pysyk on a blown PK assignment, and two Lehner softies.

I will continue to bitch when the game I love is being refereed like that. They were absolutely unacceptable, going both ways, tonight. It's disgusting.

There was too much no-quit attitude and hard work on display tonight to nitpick, for me. Good effort, as others have said, this team is making strides. Let's not forget that the Sabres were on a back-to-back, as well.

Also, that was a blown icing call, for sure.

I remember after seeing Samson in the world junior tourney thinking that this kid could be all world one day and lately he has really begun to fit that mold. Its early in his career but its looking like he may in his own way be better than Jack. Maybe not better but perhaps as good as. Such a heady player and lots of fun to watch. Some of the subtle things he does amaze me. Its been great seeing him develop into a valuable part of this core.

I remember after seeing Samson in the world junior tourney thinking that this kid could be all world one day and lately he has really begun to fit that mold. Its early in his career but its looking like he may in his own way be better than Jack. Maybe not better but perhaps as good as. Such a heady player and lots of fun to watch. Some of the subtle things he does amaze me. Its been great seeing him develop into a valuable part of this core.

There were comparisons of Reinhart to Toews in his draft year, in terms of style and ability. Lofty comparison, but seemingly more and more apt by the day.

I feel at odds with this entire board on 2 things that I keep trying to reconcile. I love the things that Eichel and Lehner do that everyone else loves. But I hate the things they do that most are just like "no worries that happens". Really though the important question is how much of a jump both those players can make from this season into next. If they jump far enough, dear god we will be electric to watch.

Reinhart's progress from last year to this year was about as substantial as you can get. I don't see why Jack can't do the same. Lehner has flashes but he needs to quit it with the soft goals. You could have fit 20 pucks through the 5 hole on that goal tonight.

Agree.  Got to be most improved player this year.

details??

Nothing big, he's just not caving to all of PHam's scolding like he does to every other player on the team when they play bad. PHam has a pathetic knack for treating these guys like kids who lied to their parents whenever they had a bad game, most of the players just drop their head in shame. 

Reinhart's progress from last year to this year was about as substantial as you can get. I don't see why Jack can't do the same. Lehner has flashes but he needs to quit it with the soft goals. You could have fit 20 pucks through the 5 hole on that goal tonight.

Reinhart played 9 games then had an entire season to improve. Eichel will only have the summer. I hope both of them work hard.

Lehner I don't think I will ever fall in love with.  I wish I could but his style just doesn't pass my eye test. I still have faith in Ullmark.

What kind of asinine questions are they asking Bylsma? Is that Harrington? "Do you need him to make those stops to.................."

No you ###### idiot, the key to winning is allowing more goals. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(New post, no sense in post merging)

Heck of a string of games coming up. 

MON, CAR, MON, OTT, TOR, CAR, WIN...............
Edited by JJFIVEOH

Reinhart played 9 games then had an entire season to improve. Eichel will only have the summer. I hope both of them work hard.

Lehner I don't think I will ever fall in love with.  I wish I could but his style just doesn't pass my eye test. I still have faith in Ullmark.

In my eyes, Ullmark plays a similar style and has work to do to become as consistent with it as Lehner already is. Obviously hoping for them both to work out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.