Complaint Wednesday

shrader

Oops, I forgot to start the annual thread.

Anyway, I don't understand some parents here in NC. It was 30 degrees this morning and I saw multiple kids waiting for buses in shorts and shirts. Now I know kids are dumb, but why on earth would someone let their kids outside like that? I assume it's fairly common as I saw a lot of it last year.

Once they get into middle school it isn't worth the fight. You force them to dress warm when they are little to teach them. Once they are old enough to know better, if they want to freeze - let them. Eventually they will figure it out.

Those stupid anti Big Tobacco adds with the people from vines

Or anything with these talentless from Vine. There's some funny people on there, but the ones that are living on the same road in big houses on their own aren't them.

Is this a legitimate complaint thread? I've got some legitimate complaints...

Once they get into middle school it isn't worth the fight. You force them to dress warm when they are little to teach them. Once they are old enough to know better, if they want to freeze - let them. Eventually they will figure it out.

I was walking around in 35 degrees today barefoot in PJ pants and a t-shirt to bring in the mail and trash cans. I'm guessing I'll never learn. :)  That being said, I seem to be more immune to the cold than some people for some reason. It honestly hurts my wife when it's cold out; for me it's mildly unpleasant for the first 10-15 minutes. I guess the extra weight is good for something.

I was walking around in 35 degrees today barefoot in PJ pants and a t-shirt to bring in the mail and trash cans. I'm guessing I'll never learn. :)  That being said, I seem to be more immune to the cold than some people for some reason. It honestly hurts my wife when it's cold out; for me it's mildly unpleasant for the first 10-15 minutes. I guess the extra weight is good for something.

I was the same way until I hit 50.  Middle age has a way of making you say you to some limitations and saying yes dear to others.