MSG won't show faceoffs

qwksndmonster

MSG broadcasts regularly miss roughly half of the faceoffs of any given game.  I'm emailing them in hopes that they'll get better.

It really is unacceptable and amateurish for TV in the 80s.  In 2015? Please.

msgnetpr@msgnetwork.com

This is the text of my email:

Dear MSG.

I have been watching Sabres games on your network for years now, and am continuously disappointed by the regularity with which the faceoffs aren't showed.  Rob Ray will be narrating a replay when it suddenly cuts to a play in progress.

Faceoffs are important to show because it gives spectators a chance to see the line match ups before the play starts, and more importantly, goals/scoring chances can instantly occur afterwards.

Please take steps to rectify this problem.

Good for you. Totally agree.

FWIW, my recollection of old-timey broadcasts is that there might be a very short replay between whistles, but for probably a good 10 seconds before the faceoff, you'd see the prelude to the draw. You might even have dead air. It added drama and also gave your mind a chance to rest from the frenetic action of the game. It was great. (And there was no score/time clock. You relied on Ted Darling.)

Edited by pASabreFan

Good for you. Totally agree.

FWIW, my recollection of old-timey broadcasts is that there might be a very short replay between whistles, but for probably a good 10 seconds before the faceoff, you'd see the prelude to the draw. You might even have dead air. It added drama and also gave your mind a chance to rest from the frenetic action of the game. It was great. (And there was no score/time clock. You relied on Ted Darling.)

I like this point. When they go from game action to replay back into game action without seeing the faceoff my mind is still trying to process the last few plays and I'm not focusing on the current play as much as I want to.

It was the only email address I could find on their website, and I had to go through a captcha to get it. If they bothered setting up a spam filter like that I'd hope that a human reads it.

But it's going to be some PR person/intern in Manhattan. It might be better to use the contact page on sabres.com. http://sabres.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=36376A really smart thing to do would be to snail mail it to the VP of broadcasting or producer. It's old-fashioned but carries more weight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.