Linus Ullmark: the Swede that we need

LGR4GM

Hey sabre fans, greetings from Sweden   :w00t: 

With Ullmark you now have lots of new fans!!

We sat up last night, guys at work (01 at night in Sweden) to watch the game against Vancouver, which is quite special for us MODO fans, since the Sedin twins are born and raised here in Ornskoldsvik and MODO Hockey, 

just as Ullmark is, almost anyway since he did 2 seasons in his younger days in a close to Ornskoldsvik town, Kramfors.

We have had great players coming from our little northern town in Sweden, Ornskoldsvik and MODO Hockey into NHL.

Players such as Peter Forsberg, Markus Naslund, Daniel/Henrik Sedin, Per Svartvadet, Nicklas Sundstrom, Matthias Timander, Alexander Edler, Hans Jonsson, Mats Zuccarello Aasen.

Most of them born here and raised here in Ornskoldsvik. 

Anyway .. 

Ive seen Ullmark since he started in MODO Hockeys J20 (Juniors), and when he started playing for MODO Hockey in SHL he showed us all why he is with Sabers right now in his young age. 

This goalie is in my own and others opinion Swedens next Henrik Lundqvist, give him some time to adjust to NHL, smaller rink and the system, and to be able to heal as an player from his hip sugerys.

Your team with Ullmark and Lehner will for sure reach the playoffs, im sure of it. And its gonna be freggin great to follow Sabers now with Ullmark, he can sometimes do saves like no other, and his spirit on and off the ice

will make you love him, he really likes to show how much he apreciates the fans and the support that his team gets from you guys and you will see it coming more and more.

Well met,  :worthy:

Regards,

"MODO Hockey"

Good to know I won't be the only one up at 01.00 am from time to time :D

Edited by Huckleberry

We sat up last night, guys at work (01 at night in Sweden) to watch the game against Vancouver, which is quite special for us MODO fans, since the Sedin twins are born and raised here in Ornskoldsvik and MODO Hockey, 

just as Ullmark is, almost anyway since he did 2 seasons in his younger days in a close to Ornskoldsvik town, Kramfors.

We have had great players coming from our little northern town in Sweden, Ornskoldsvik and MODO Hockey into NHL.

Players such as Peter Forsberg, Markus Naslund, Daniel/Henrik Sedin, Per Svartvadet, Nicklas Sundstrom, Matthias Timander, Alexander Edler, Hans Jonsson, Mats Zuccarello Aasen.

Anyway .. 

Ive seen Ullmark since he started in MODO Hockeys J20 (Juniors), and when he started playing for MODO Hockey in SHL he showed us all why he is with Sabers right now in his young age. 

This goalie is in my own and others opinion Swedens next Henrik Lundqvist, give him some time to adjust to NHL, smaller rink and the system, and to be able to heal as an player from his hip sugerys.

Your team with Ullmark and Lehner will for sure reach the playoffs, im sure of it. And its gonna be freggin great to follow Sabers now with Ullmark, he can sometimes do saves like no other, and his spirit on and off the ice

will make you love him, he really likes to show how much he apreciates the fans and the support that his team gets from you guys and you will see it coming more and more.

Regards,

"MODO Hockey"

Welcome to the board!  Don't be a stranger.

Anyway .. 

Regards,

"MODO Hockey"

Hopefully as he heals and gains experience you are proven right.

Welcome to the board.

:beer:

Welcome MODO and great post. Keep them coming!

Those are some great players that have played in your city. Forsberg was one of the best players I have ever seen.

I would be curious to hear what going to a MODO game is like, if you feel like posting about it.

I think most of us here have high hopes for ullmark. He may take the job from our other Swedish goalie, Robin Lehner. I'm fairly optimistic that one of them will develop into a good-to-very-good NHL goalie.

We also have your countryman Johann Larsson on the Sabres. He's in his first full year at the NHL level and has been a bit up and down. There were reports last year that he was unhappy with his role, which were effectively confirmed by the GM in an interview a few days ago. Still, he's a good skater who plays a fairly physical game and shows flashes of offensive skill, so he could develop into a good player.

Enjoy the late games!

Much appreciation for the warm welcome here  :wub: 

Regarding Forsberg, we are many that agree. He is one of the best players that has played the game, he had it all, with respect to other great players of present time and now. 

I have literally watched his tribute video on tube 1000 times, gives me the goosebumbs every single time. God was he a beast. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waHWheMKzvg

Anyway, to your question.

I have never been to an NHL game, longing for it though, so i dont know how to compare, but ill do my best to explain how it is to go to a MODO game.

We take hockey very seriously here, hockey is spoken of just everywhere in this town, just as you guys do, but there are things at the actuall game/arena that makes us and you different.

Our town is small, about 25.000 ppl living close to the City, and all together 50.000 in the town district. 

So you see, all we got is MODO Hockey, no other sport is big here, so everyone is about MODO i guess, that lives here and are into sports, kind of.

For one thing we have cheeringsquads, each team has one, ours is called Lumberjacks. Lumberjacks makes TIFOs, sing all the game long, make the audience sing along etc. 

Were not allowed to drink a beer at the actuall seat (freggin sucks ass if you ask me), many of us are very jealous of how you guys have it at your games. Eventhough that

the game should not be about drinking beer, but god is it lovely to have a beer to a hockeygame  :flirt: 

Our Arena is much smaller than urs, we have capacity of 7800, and our team has been struggling like urs since we took home the SHL championship 2007. 

So its hard to fill the Arena these days, unfortunatly, we have around 5000+- these games, but if we reach playoffs we fill it easy. Its an supernice Arena, that was built 2007,

it has it all, just in an smaller case than urs.

Audience is split into two, seats on 2 longsides and 1 shortside, on the other shortside is where Lumberjacks stands, together with others, and here ppl stand up all the game. 

I provide an video from an swedish game between Djurgarden and HV71, Djurgarden has the best cheeringsquad, but it explains how the culture works here in Sweden pretty much.

Each cheeringsquad has its frontman, and what he says in this video is basicly:

"What do we think of HV71 ???"

And the squad answers, "BAAAD! :censored: "

"HOW BAD?!"

And squad answers, "F-ING BAD!!!!  :censored: "

"WHAT DO WE THINK OF DJURGARDEN?"

And squad answers, "GOOD"

"HOW GOOD?"

And squad goes "F-ING GOOD!   :w00t: "

And he does it over and over until everyone screams, and then a goal comes which is quite noticeble hehe.. 

But yea, here in Ornskoldsvik, MODO Hockey is the red thread in this town basicly. Everyone is involved, someway, somehow.

If you want more specific answers on more specific questions, just ask. 

If anyone would like to come over, ill be glad to house you.  ;) 

Edited by MODO Hockey

I think the atmosphere at european sport events is alot different.   Might be me but looking at games it always amazes me that the audience is so quiet nowadays.   Maybe it will get better when buffalo gets back on track to the playoffs.

I don't think it would be a bad Idea if they could look into getting some of the more louder fans together in one section at FNC to take the lead or something.

but to get back to Ullmark, he got compared to Ryan Miller in the postgame show vs the canucks.   I'd love for him to turn into another franchise goalie, but besides Ullmark having some struggles in his first couple of games like any young goalie thrown into the nhl, I don't see it.

Ullmark to me is much more a team player, Miller alway had that me against the rest vibe going.

Miller also blamed his team infront of him, Ullmark doesn't seem to throw his teammates under the buss in postgame interviews.

Don't ge me wrong, I loved Miller, and he was correct most of the times in his analysis of his team.

Edited by Huckleberry

I think the atmosphere at european sport events is alot different.   Might be me but looking at games it always amazes me that the audience is so quiet nowadays.   Maybe it will get better when buffalo gets back on track to the playoffs.

I don't think it would be a bad Idea if they could look into getting some of the more louder fans together in one section at FNC to take the lead or something.

It will get better. But if what we see in that video is 10 on a scale of 1 to 10, then our arena goes from a 1 in the regular season to a 4 in the playoffs. More Let's Go Buffalo chants, some taunts of the goalie, pretty mild stuff. It's a combination of a lot of people buying tickets for the wrong reasons, relatively expensive tickets, poor arena presentation by the Sabres and kind of the nature of Buffalo fans... they do know what they're seeing and tend to want to sit and study it, and they're also extremely neurotic if not downright negative about the team's prospects, even when they're going well.

Edited by pASabreFan

This is how eleven imagines the F'N Center.

So there's a Hitler soundalike contest, then everyone sings Jingle Bells? Interesting...

lol

It will get better. But if what we see in that video is 10 on a scale of 1 to 10, then our arena goes from a 1 in the regular season to a 4 in the playoffs. More Let's Go Buffalo chants, some taunts of the goalie, pretty mild stuff. It's a combination of a lot of people buying tickets for the wrong reasons, relatively expensive tickets, poor arena presentation by the Sabres and kind of the nature of Buffalo fans... they do know what they're seeing and tend to want to sit and study it, and they're also extremely neurotic if not downright negative about the team's prospects, even when they're going well.

My first instinct is to question this.  Bills fans act so differently.  I wonder how much overlap exists in the two ticket holders.

My football team always sings this one, should be easy adaptable for the sabres.

Blue and Gold,

Always believe in your soul

You got the power to know

You are indestructable

always believe in

Edited by Huckleberry

but to get back to Ullmark, he got compared to Ryan Miller in the postgame show vs the canucks.   I'd love for him to turn into another franchise goalie, but besides Ullmark having some struggles in his first couple of games like any young goalie thrown into the nhl, I don't see it.

Ullmark to me is much more a team player, Miller alway had that me against the rest vibe going.

Miller also blamed his team infront of him, Ullmark doesn't seem to throw his teammates under the buss in postgame interviews.

Don't ge me wrong, I loved Miller, and he was correct most of the times in his analysis of his team.

I dont know much about Miller other than he is a good goalie, and was supposed to be sabers franchise goalie. 

Ullmark is very loyal, and ive never seen him yell to his teammates for doing something wrong, or blame anyone else than him self when there is a loss.

He will literally blame him self for any loss your team will take, that is how he is. And thats why i think he has potential to become something other than a good goalie, i would say freggin awesome goalie.

I guess we will know in a year or three, i my self just hope he will stay the season out, i just want him to succeed so much. 

Next game vs lightning, with Victor hedman that i forgot to mention (jesus christ  :doh: ) he is also born and raised here in Ornskoldsvik, MODO Hockey, and his brother is a D in MODO Hockey.

This game is gonna be real tough, im hoping Ullmark does these unnatural saves and gives sabers a win.

If Ullmark is playing superior hockey when Lehrner is ready then Ullmark should remain the starter. Lehrner hasn't earned the job and the organization shouldn't marry itself to the fact that they gave a one to get him. The play on the ice is the only thing that should matter.

Well, to be honest you guys have an real good goalie in Lehner, when he actually gets to be free of injurys, which he tends to get to often.

I agree, and im sure DB thinks the same. 

Much appreciation for the warm welcome here  :wub: 

Regarding Forsberg, we are many that agree. He is one of the best players that has played the game, he had it all, with respect to other great players of present time and now. 

I have literally watched his tribute video on tube 1000 times, gives me the goosebumbs every single time. God was he a beast. 

Anyway, to your question.

I have never been to an NHL game, longing for it though, so i dont know how to compare, but ill do my best to explain how it is to go to a MODO game.

We take hockey very seriously here, hockey is spoken of just everywhere in this town, just as you guys do, but there are things at the actuall game/arena that makes us and you different.

Our town is small, about 25.000 ppl living close to the City, and all together 50.000 in the town district. 

So you see, all we got is MODO Hockey, no other sport is big here, so everyone is about MODO i guess, that lives here and are into sports, kind of.

For one thing we have cheeringsquads, each team has one, ours is called Lumberjacks. Lumberjacks makes TIFOs, sing all the game long, make the audience sing along etc. 

Were not allowed to drink a beer at the actuall seat (freggin sucks ass if you ask me), many of us are very jealous of how you guys have it at your games. Eventhough that

the game should not be about drinking beer, but god is it lovely to have a beer to a hockeygame  :flirt: 

Our Arena is much smaller than urs, we have capacity of 7800, and our team has been struggling like urs since we took home the SHL championship 2007. 

So its hard to fill the Arena these days, unfortunatly, we have around 5000+- these games, but if we reach playoffs we fill it easy. Its an supernice Arena, that was built 2007,

it has it all, just in an smaller case than urs.

Audience is split into two, seats on 2 longsides and 1 shortside, on the other shortside is where Lumberjacks stands, together with others, and here ppl stand up all the game. 

I provide an video from an swedish game between Djurgarden and HV71, Djurgarden has the best cheeringsquad, but it explains how the culture works here in Sweden pretty much.

Each cheeringsquad has its frontman, and what he says in this video is basicly:"What do we think of HV71 ???"

And the squad answers, "BAAAD! :censored: ""HOW BAD?!"

And squad answers, "F-ING BAD!!!!  :censored: ""WHAT DO WE THINK OF DJURGARDEN?"

And squad answers, "GOOD""HOW GOOD?"

And squad goes "F-ING GOOD!   :w00t: "

And he does it over and over until everyone screams, and then a goal comes which is quite noticeble hehe.. 

But yea, here in Ornskoldsvik, MODO Hockey is the red thread in this town basicly. Everyone is involved, someway, somehow.

If you want more specific answers on more specific questions, just ask. 

If anyone would like to come over, ill be glad to house you.  ;)

if you ever want to see the sabres v vancouver, you are more than welcome to stay with us here In portland, or. Just let me know and I can get tix cheap.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.