Roster review: #28 Zemgus Girgensons

dudacek

Zemgus Girgensons  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is Zemgus Girgensons’ eventual role?

• Physical, two-way first-liner: Rod Brind’Amour/Ryan Kesler
    • Big-game elite 2nd-liner: Mike Peca/Mike Richards
    • Excellent middle-six forward: Mike Fisher/David Legwand
    • Great third-liner: Andrew Shaw/Mike Grier

I'm willing to give him a pass for this year.  There were a lot of players searching for a role on this team.  It took some players longer than others.  We were disappointed in both Larsson and Foligno until they finally formed an effective line with Gionta.  I think Gus never found that happy place.  He was moved around too much and never found his niche.

Let's get through the next training camp and see where he lands.  I still have hope for The Greatest Player of the Eichel Tank.

Zemgus is so advanced that he had his sophomore slump in his 3rd year.  He's young, it's a developing team.  He'll have a big role here when the Sabres are playoff bound.  I'm not worried. 

Zemgus is so advanced that he had his sophomore slump in his 3rd year. He's young, it's a developing team. He'll have a big role here when the Sabres are playoff bound. I'm not worried.

That sounds awfully confident in light of how ineffective he was for pretty much the entire season.

Still, I appreciate the team support.

He hasn't gotten any stronger on his skates. I think he falls more than any other skater on the team.

At times he looked dangerous with Eichel. He's a solid possession guy with an average defensive game, but he's not been a physical presence whatsoever this year. I think he'll stil develop into a better McGinn (credit to trueblue).

Zemgus seems like he slots in on the middle six wing. I could see him comfortably taking Gionta's spot on the third line if he gets pushed off the second.

Edited by qwksndmonster

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.