Derby 2015---calling GoDD

plenzmd1

OK, that was pretty damned funny.

You mention how excited the horses get.  My frame of reference is hunting dogs and farm dogs.  I can play fetch and throw a dummy all day long.  They enjoy it but, put a lab in a goose blind and they can't contain the excitement as the sun comes up.  They whine, they fidget, they drool. You won't get that kind of reaction in the yard. It is bred into them. Don't give a herding dog a herding job and they bite ankles and have destructive habits.  An animal needs to do what it was bred to do.

Absolutely.

If you go to any thoroughbred farm, you will see horses racing each other all day, even yelling at each other from 100 yards away in seperate fields to get a race on over their own fencelines. When you see a group of 2 month olds doing it, it's the greatest thing.

You are right....and sadly, I admit to being an animal abuser. I have done cruel things to horses.

You see, a lot of times the night before a race, a horse senses all the cues that the race is the next day. He may only walk the shedrow or go for an easy jog or gallop, the vet goes over him head to toe and doublechecks previous issue areas, the groom starts icing his legs down in the bucket and more the next day to make sure there is absolutely no heat coming from them, some grooms spend an hour braiding their horse's hair, etc.

When some horses see all this happening, they get excited knowing next day is gameday. They get overplayful, excited, pretty much like a football player the night before a game. While seeing that energy is great, you don't want to run your race in the barn, so sometimes you have to go to extraordinary measures to get them to sleep and rest up.

I am an animal abuser. The night before the race, we show the horses this video.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsJDBEkmvhY

I think the bans have taken away your power game, but every once in awhile you give us a glimmer of the old high heat :lol:

Just a personal attack and an attack on another man's professional work. Hilarious stuff.

Oh...you mean like coming into a thread about a discussion you have zero interest in, only to claim that I am an animal abuser, as well as my friends and 100's of others I am friendly with.....then want to shut down the industry and ruin the livelyhoods of all of the above and the lives of their families.

Nice try. I think everyone who saw your public, which you actually wanted people to watch, understands where I am coming from.

It's too bad you think horseracing needs to be shut down and everyone is cruel. Most tracks are plugging money into social media and video like crazy. Lots of openings...... 

Forever picking and choosing small pieces of a series of posts in order to continue your crusade against certain people. I've said several times that there are plenty that treat them right. But you can ignore that. Because that's what you do.

It's really impressive that others were able to engage in the discussion with me, provide insights I didn't know and ask questions that challenge my perceptions well and made me reconsider my stance on the subject. You on the other hand? Typical garbage coming from you. You've proven incapable of engaging somebody who believes something different than you without going as low as possible to come up with a personal attack. It's a shame really. You're smart. You've proven that. But you use it for hate and insults, targeting those who can't defend themselves most of the time... I, like many others, want to post here in a mostly anonymous manner. If the conversation is about personal matters that's obviously different, but this was not.

Instead of choosing a long, well-thought out post on why I should feel differently you went out of your way to attempt to bring me down. Don't try to act like anything I've said was an attack on you.. I never mentioned anybody by name nor do I even know your connection to horse racing.

Sometimes you can go to far.

Edited by Hoss

Forever picking and choosing small pieces of a series of posts in order to continue your crusade against certain people. I've said several times that there are plenty that treat them right. But you can ignore that. Because that's what you do.

If you can tell me that you didn't say horseracing is animal abuse and it should be shut down, then maybe I'd listen. But you did...multiple times.

Good luck in your future.

You are going to blacklist yourself from a lot of places considering the line of work you want to get into.

If you can tell me that you didn't say horseracing is animal abuse and it should be shut down, then maybe I'd listen. But you did...multiple times.

Then use the insight you have that others may not to make your point and show them why they're wrong instead of that garbage.

Then use the insight you have that others may not to make your point and show them why they're wrong instead of that garbage.

We've had great conversation here year after year about these subjects. You obviously came in here to cause trouble....Weave called it. I ignored it for almost 2 days. Then I posted a video which you listed under your name, which you told eveybody here....doing what you do.....which you also told everybody here and promoted quite heavily. Are you not proud of your work?

Seriously, good luck. I have nothing against you...you aren't on the take from the Sabres and at least disclose your ambition. You work hard and are smart and know a lot about sports. You have to calm down though. Just like I wouldn't expect the Sabres to hire me even to be Battista's coffee boy because of the way I talk sometimes, you need to be careful.

For the record, I didn't call out anyone causing trouble.  I did call out an expectation for entertaining controversy.

And the delivery.  This thread delivered.  Oh my gawd, was there delivery.

For the record, I didn't call out anyone causing trouble. I did call out an expectation for entertaining controversy.

And the delivery. This thread delivered. Oh my gawd, was there delivery.

I smell a new Fox special, "When sweeping declarations go wrong!"

Just for the record:

-  This was indeed a b#tch fight in the parking lot. 

-  If you find yourself getting into a bunch of these tiffs with other posters -- it's time to take a breath, examine your behavior and proactively try to prevent this from happening in the future.

-  Everyone here should respect everyone else's anonymity -- i.e. no one should post references to another poster's "real life" identity unless that other poster has made it clear that he/she doesn't care.

Thanks.

Yes, nfreeman.  Thank YOU.

Just my perspective, but I felt I knew what would happen when Hoss (isn't that a cowboy name?) came into the thread, saying that horse racing is abusive and should be banned.  I thought I knew that he'd committed a blindside hit, like Cris Neil on Cris Drury in the context of a horse racing thread.  I also thought I knew which sleeping giant would eventually wake up to smash Cris Neil down with his fist.  So I took a couple cheap shots at Neil for myself, then cleared out of the way and waited for our heavyweight to arrive,  What I didn't expect was for Neil to chat up Briere's girlfriend in the meantime.  Arrive our heavyweight did.  

There wasn't any question that he'd win, as usual, but it wasn't gratuitous violence.  He showed us a gentler side.  Like pulling the jersey over Neils head, to make him feel shame emotionally, rather than physical pain.  Proof indeed that our heavyweight is an animal abuser.

ps.  Don't get a big head Ghost.