Derby 2015---calling GoDD

plenzmd1

Mr. Ghost....I have not watched one prep this year...not a one. Only thing I have done is read Beyer columns.

That said , I will be watching the Oaks today. If you like anything,me specially on the grass, I am all ears.

Playing golf in the AM tomorrow, will start to watch around 3.30 I am guessing. Again, any picks ya like I am all ears.

BTW, Beyer likes Upstart and Dortmund...I figure he has to hit a Derby sometime...he has missed like the last 16 in a row I think

Mr. Ghost....I have not watched one prep this year...not a one. Only thing I have done is read Beyer columns.

That said , I will be watching the Oaks today. If you like anything,me specially on the grass, I am all ears.

Playing golf in the AM tomorrow, will start to watch around 3.30 I am guessing. Again, any picks ya like I am all ears.

BTW, Beyer likes Upstart and Dortmund...I figure he has to hit a Derby sometime...he has missed like the last 16 in a row I think

Mrs. Racer has a very emotional strategy to pick horses that includes, "oh yeah, that jockey is cute I like him" and "the trainer was in an interview and seems like a really nice guy that wouldn't hurt the horses".  Mrs. Racer has faired far better the last 16 years with her rational of which horse should win. I will be going to the OTB Saturday AM to get our bet slips. I will post her picks, as she is at the total opposite end of the spectrum for horse betting rational, just for a different perspective.

I'm 100% with Beyer. Sad, but true.

I have a couple on the turf tomorrow. Today's card is blah.....

Not sharing this year? Say it ain't so!

No...I actually agree with Beyer. Look at last year's thread and the last post. Got Upstart at 53-1 and an exacta with Carpe Diem at $1200 for every $2.

I can let you know some picks tonight.

Edit: Sorry.....it was in this thread..... http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22826-calling-goddits-that-time-o-the-year/?hl=calling+godd

Edited by Ghost of Dwight Drane

Betting the 3 to win and a 3-10 box in the 9th here in 40 minutes.

Don't love it, but both horses have upside for the odds.

Betting the 3 to win and a 3-10 box in the 9th here in 40 minutes.

Don't love it, but both horses have upside for the odds.

Got caught up today and just getting to TV. Olcuk liked the 11 horse in the Oaks, threw $20 on her nose and an exacta box with the 5 and 13

6th race turf....#11 Divisidero......live longshot. Tons of speed in race to close into, under the radar connections, perfect pedigree and distance.

8th race turf....#1 Personal Diary.....2nd off layoff at 4yo from a yielding track and cutting back in distance. Trainer solid and breeding says fast mile over soggy route if the horse is willing. 8-1.....play with the favorites 5-4-11-8 and throw in the 13. Wide open race and I don't love it, but think may drift up to 12-1 or so and get lost.

10th turf..........playing a 7-11 box. Mid level value....maybe $50 on $2

6th race turf....#11 Divisidero......live longshot. Tons of speed in race to close into, under the radar connections, perfect pedigree and distance.

8th race turf....#1 Personal Diary.....2nd off layoff at 4yo from a yielding track and cutting back in distance. Trainer solid and breeding says fast mile over soggy route if the horse is willing. 8-1.....play with the favorites 5-4-11-8 and throw in the 13. Wide open race and I don't love it, but think may drift up to 12-1 or so and get lost.

10th turf..........playing a 7-11 box. Mid level value....maybe $50 on $2

Thank you sir. Here's to the start of a long, long day.

Thank you sir. Here's to the start of a long, long day.

I may or may not already be drinking......

I'm excited too because a handicapping contest has 6 of 10 turf races. My biggest piece of advice is that for the next 2 months or so, 4 year olds on the turf can improve leaps and bounds. I don't know why, but this is the sweet spot. That's the single most successful angle I have over the years.

GREAT HIT on the 11. Looks like 9-1 instaed of 20, but had $20 on his nose!

Now let's go # 1. Great to look in the account on the turn and see more money !

Edit...1 got smoked

Now onto to the 7-11 winner!

Edited by plenzmd1

GREAT HIT on the 11. Looks like 9-1 instaed of 20, but had $20 on his nose!

Now let's go # 1. Great to look in the account on the turn and see more money !

Edit...1 got smoked

Now onto to the 7-11 winner!

They all got smoked. It stinks to list 6 horses and not have the winner. I never go 6 deep. At least the $1 supers today stopped me from doing that key.

The exotics are almost pairing up Dortmund with American Pharoah. The track is a hard read....seems like speed but some closing action.

If the 7-11 box hits....i'm going to 7-11 and gettin me a Swisher Sweet and a 40..........

Had a hundred year old woman come up to me after the race and ask me if her bet was a winner....

She had the tri

You forgot the part where she reached down and grabbed your package.

• 2 weeks later...

If ya liking anything anywhere today GoDD, I am all ears. Be out for a while, prolly get in front of the TV BOUT 4. But the twinspires mobile site pretty damn easy to use, so can make a bet when out and about.

Rooting for Pharoah, looks like a horse capable of winning the three

If ya liking anything anywhere today GoDD, I am all ears. Be out for a while, prolly get in front of the TV BOUT 4. But the twinspires mobile site pretty damn easy to use, so can make a bet when out and about.

Rooting for Pharoah, looks like a horse capable of winning the three

Cool....

I decided to bet Firing Line 30 seconds after the Derby. He was on his left lead the whole stretch and had a big rest going in. Nobody mentioned the lead switch until a week after the race, but supposedly he is fine. Everyone is on him though at 3-1 or 7-2. On a value play I almost want Dortmund, but I'm playing Firing Line over Dortmund/Pharoah/mr.Z/Divining Rod. Playing a straight tri FL-Mr.Z-AP just to be greedy with a longshot in the middle.

First race is 10:30AM on the turf. Huge overlay right now in #4 La Nina. The 8 horse is Wesley Ward's and an obvious.....but I think the 4 is a great value, even at 4-1.

Race 4 Turf    #3 Bluegrass Singer. His only turf race was soso, but he has been going in the hard races at longer distances and showing speed but backing up. His numbers on the dirt fit, and the distance and turf should move him up. He's 10-1 on the morning line but will be closer to 6-1 my guess.

Race 6 turf   A little 6-7 box. I will take the higher odds on a win play. Nothing special though.

Race 8 turf   #11 Causeworthy with #12. The 12 is a safe play but at low odds. The 11 has turf all over, but hasn't shown it in the past runs. New trainer trying him 1st time there and is in great form. Pimlico form held yesterday pretty well. Depending how the day is going, I could really like this exacta.

Race 9 turf   #11 Sistas Stroll. REALLY like this one. Tons of good horses and big trainers, so money will be all over. This one was going too long in my opinion, but always consistant. 2-2 on firm course way back and has nothing but soft since. Listed at 8-1.....I can see anywhere from 5-1 to 15-1 with this field so I will look at the totes and throw more in accordingly.

Race 11 turf A little something on #3 Paddle Board. Hasn't run in 8 months but if ready to fire, great shot