2015 IIHF Championship Prague May 1-17

Brawndo

Malkin just threw a dirty elbow square into the back of Eichel's head which he got penalized for at the end of the 1st period. 

0-0 after 1 period. Russia is buzzing but USA has also generated a few chances. 

I think Russia can get frustrated. They really have the pressure here, and demons of Sochi.

That really was a dumb penalty by Malkin. 

Eichel really looks at home taking that elbow from Malkin, if you know what I mean.

Grigorenko was completely lost when he was thrown into the NHL prematurely.  Samson wasn't much better.

Eichel is ready to play among men in the NHL.  

Looking forward to the PP to start the 2nd.

I hardly think Rodrigues was a favor.

Do you catch my drift? You were the leader of the "Pyatt gets to play with the Sedins" all those years.

If this Eichel kid really is as good as everyone here is drooling about, the last thing you want to do is go chasing everybody he regularly plays with.

If Pyatt can get 20 with D+H, then friggin Foligno should be able to get 20 withe Eichel, right?

I didn't mean all of the Nelson trade pieces for Lewis

How's Eichel doing thus far?

Missed the part where you talked about Lewis. My bad.

And Eichel hasn't really stood out, but I don't think anybody on the American side has so far.

Missed the part where you talked about Lewis. My bad.

And Eichel hasn't really stood out, but I don't think anybody on the American side has so far.

I've only caught the last 5 minutes of the second and if what the Canadian TV announcers are saying is true, then Eichel and the USA are giving Russia all they can handle and more. Based on that 5 minutes of play, I'd agree as the USA controlled play for that portion. But if they gave up 20 shots in the first period, then how can the announcers be right?

GO SABRES!!!

Do you catch my drift? You were the leader of the "Pyatt gets to play with the Sedins" all those years.

If this Eichel kid really is as good as everyone here is drooling about, the last thing you want to do is go chasing everybody he regularly plays with.

If Pyatt can get 20 with D+H, then friggin Foligno should be able to get 20 withe Eichel, right?

I think I catch your drift, but .....

Rodrigues was a nice signing, but he's a Cory Conacher type  depth project.

He was one of the top 10 free agent forwards out of the NCAA. 

Eichel hasn't even played a pro game yet.  Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves overvaluing his potential line-mates?

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm liking the play of these "College Kids" they are giving Russia all they can handle and the Rooooskis are frustrated. 

Russian throwing some cheap elbows rather than taking the body, and they are missing passes. 

It is like they already hear the criticism for losing. 

US kids look like they are having fun and playing a disciplined game. Well coached. 

Edited by X. Benedict

... I'm liking the play of these "College Kids" they are giving Russia all they can handle and the Rooooskis are frustrated. 

Russian throwing some cheap elbows rather than taking the body, and they are missing passes. 

It is like they already hear the criticism for losing. 

US kids look like they are having fun and playing a disciplined game. Well coached. 

This has been my observation as well throughout the entire tourney. Our guys have wheels and can skate with anybody in the tourney and, like the first time we played them, Russia tends to get frustrated as you said. We are playing with house money at this point as nobody expected these kids to be where they are. 

GO SABRES!!!

3-0 now.  Russia has too much talent for the JV roster that we sent to this tournament.

I'm thinking in this tournament the young squad the Americans sent is maybe a little out of their element but this sets the U.S. up nicely going forward in the Olympics and other World tournaments with the experience the kids will gain from this one.

I'm thinking in this tournament the young squad the Americans sent is maybe a little out of their element but this sets the U.S. up nicely going forward in the Olympics and other World tournaments with the experience the kids will gain from this one.

But don't they always send a young squad?

But don't they always send a young squad?

For the most part yes.  USA hockey doesn't really care about IIHF tournament.  It's the Olympics where you get the "dream team".  Plus I think the younger players are put into the tournament to evaluate them for the NHL. 

Eichel looked visiblely better than most on USA in those last 5 minutes, stealing pucks from Malkin, literally wrestling with him in the corner on another occasion, putting pucks on sticks and attempting to drive the play forward. If anything I can at least get the feeling he is the type who plays better in bad situations.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.