Reflecting: Tank Wars

LGR4GM

Just finished reading the article (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1slpldh), which I disagree with, but isn't anything particularly mind blowing or contentious. Then I got to the accompanying twitter feed (http://twitter.com/Tark31). It should be clarified that it was the total history of the feed, even prior to the publication of the article that got it removed from Yahoo, not anything in the article itself.

Take a moment to peruse Matrix31's feed. He's actually significantly toned himself down for his posts here. It's quite impressive. 

Edit: Apparently you can't like directly to a twitter feed, so you'll have to copy/paste

Edited edit: fixed an apparently vodka induced typo.

Edited by Vodka Bottle of Emotion

don't = toned, I've edited the original post.

Ah see I never would have guess that. I thought it was something like "He's actually significantly not himself...." or something like that. Still, definitely one of the funnier typos I've seen on here, all in good fun though  :P  :beer:

It looks like Mike Schopp led the twitter pitchfork brigade.

False. I follow Mike Schopp on twitter and Sabres were fans going off on puck daddy and this kid for like an hour before Schopp got into it. Not that this guy didn't deserve it. Lets not sugar coat it. It was the worst article ive ever read.

ps did we ever figure out who this loser was??

Of ALL the boards, it had to be ours. smh

False. I follow Mike Schopp on twitter and Sabres were fans going off on puck daddy and this kid for like an hour before Schopp got into it. Not that this guy didn't deserve it. Lets not sugar coat it. It was the worst article ive ever read.

ps did we ever figure out who this loser was??

Of ALL the boards, it had to be ours. smh

LOL You haven't read the whole thread, have you?

I came here hoping for some genuine internet outrage and seal clubbing. but what do i find instead? butthurtness over someone trolling people on twitter.

My god we sabres fans can't even get the internet riled up with our losing, we need offensive opinions and statements on peoples twitter to get headlines

I came here hoping for some genuine internet outrage and seal clubbing. but what do i find instead? butthurtness over someone trolling people on twitter.

My god we sabres fans can't even get the internet riled up with our losing, we need offensive opinions and statements on peoples twitter to get headlines

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams...

True, but the far right rhetoric is what led me to zero in on him as the prime suspect.

"Far right rhetoric" lol. If you follow me on Twitter, you'll see that I pretty much hate anything that has to do with the "far right" lmao. 

But again, thanks for proving my points.

Edited by TheMatrix31

"Far right rhetoric" lol. If you follow me on Twitter, you'll see that I pretty much hate anything that has to do with the "far right" lmao. 

But again, thanks for proving my points.

https://twitter.com/Tark31/status/588769242654199808

https://twitter.com/Tark31/status/588725736640421888

I know, right?

So the general consensus should be this tank sucked for everyone. Casual to hardcore fans all suffered just like Regier predicted. Thankfully we are finally emerging from the darkness. 

honestly, watching Lord Zemgus continue to develop this year was enough to make it feel like we were starting to emerge. It's really only been since his injury that I've been unable to watch. 

What I also know is that I fell in love with those teams because of the way they did things as an organization. Class, honor, respect, pride, dignity. They all did things the right way.

Except.... THEY DIDN'T WIN.

That interest? Faded.

That passion? Gone.

Good. Don't hit the door hit ya on the way out.

well the article wasn't as bad as i hoped

I'll never know. It put me to sleep after the first few lines.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

honestly, watching Lord Zemgus continue to develop this year was enough to make it feel like we were starting to emerge. It's really only been since his injury that I've been unable to watch. 

I wonder if Zemgus' injury actually helped complete the tank.  I hate to even think that or anything.  I love Zemgus but his absence directly contributed and that also tells me how much he grew on this team, he was a major contributor. 

I wonder if Zemgus' injury actually helped complete the tank.  I hate to even think that or anything.  I love Zemgus but his absence directly contributed and that also tells me how much he grew on this team, he was a major contributor. 

I have no doubt that the teams current record affected his recovery timetable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.