Milan Lucic

inkman

Since it appears that someone want's to keep track of such things.

Count me in the group that would rather have Lucic than ROR.

I just figured it out. You are contrarian, like Bizarro-Jerry world. Other than wanting a Stanley Cup, and I cannot even be so sure you want that, do you agree with the majority on anything. I mean, there is something to be said for marching to the beat of your own drummer but just once, can't we be friends?

I just figured it out. You are contrarian, like Bizarro-Jerry world. Other than wanting a Stanley Cup, and I cannot even be so sure you want that, do you agree with the majority on anything. I mean, there is something to be said for marching to the beat of your own drummer but just once, can't we be friends?

:P

:flirt:

My interest in Lucic is dependant upon the draft lottery. If we end up with eichel, i'd rather pass and put two skilled players alongside of him. However if we end up with mcdavid, i would give serious consideration to playing deslauries with him and another skilled player. The reason being, mcdavid and kane could put up serious numbers regardless of the third talent on the line. I want someone to protect and know there role. Who better than lucic? If he can knock in 20-25 goals along with the protection aspect, i'd be willing to part with significant assets.

My interest in Lucic is dependant upon the draft lottery. If we end up with eichel, i'd rather pass and put two skilled players alongside of him. However if we end up with mcdavid, i would give serious consideration to playing deslauries with him and another skilled player. The reason being, mcdavid and kane could put up serious numbers regardless of the third talent on the line. I want someone to protect and know there role. Who better than lucic? If he can knock in 20-25 goals along with the protection aspect, i'd be willing to part with significant assets.

Nick, Lucic, and Kane are all Left wings (as is Foligno, for that matter). Like LGR said upthread, if Lucic was a RW, the idea might get more consideration. Chris Stewart, being a RW, should get some.

Is it really that hard for a LW to learn how to play RW? Soley based upon NHL video games, this is a non-issue...

It's not impossible, but yeah it's pretty tough.

But in NHL15 you can do it and it only reduces the players stat matrix by 1 point each!

Is it really that hard for a LW to learn how to play RW? Soley based upon NHL video games, this is a non-issue...

There's a reason the majority of RW in the NHL are right shots and vice-versa. With the proper handed-ness on the wing, you are much more effective at winning battles along the boards (on your forehand) and shielding the puck from defenders. That's the idea.

There's a reason the majority of RW in the NHL are right shots and vice-versa. With the proper handed-ness on the wing, you are much more effective at winning battles along the boards (on your forehand) and shielding the puck from defenders. That's the idea.

Or even receiving passes on your forehand.

So would everyone except DeLuca.

Why take Lucic when you can get similar production from a smaller. less physical nowhere near as intimidating and less impact-full Ryan O'Reilly at pretty much the same price? :doh: I must be crazy?  

I would think Lucic would be more popular here in Sabres Nation. Without him there is no tank and no "McEichel" in the Sabres future. He single handedly  destroyed Status Quo and sent Sabres on the path to what became the "tank." Every time "McEichel" scores fans should chant "Thank You Milan."  ;)

Edited by DeLuca1967

Why take Lucic when you can get similar production from a smaller. less physical nowhere near as intimidating and less impact-full Ryan O'Reilly at pretty much the same price? :doh: I must be crazy?  

Ryan O'Reilly would immediately lead the Sabres in face-offs, PK and PP time (at forward) next year, He's a very good two-way center that can play wing next to talent. Without center production, Lucic would be about the same as Chris Stewart for the Buffalo Sabres. 

Ryan O'Reilly would immediately lead the Sabres in face-offs, PK and PP time (at forward) next year, He's a very good two-way center that can play wing next to talent. Without center production, Lucic would be about the same as Chris Stewart for the Buffalo Sabres. 

Not even close. Stewart along with Ennis and even Kane are nowhere near Lucic as an impact player.

I know Lucic ran over Miller and the hearts of the fans, to say he would be about the same as Stewart or Ennis is better, come on. Put the hurt feelings aside. First Ennis and now Stewart? If people didn't want to have a serious conversation than just lock the thread, this is going beyond silly. 

As far as O'Reilly, not many players with any talent wouldn't come in and lead the Sabres. They just lost 120 game sin two years, it shouldn't be hard to lead in any category. If the conversation was just about O'Reilly? Sure I'd say make he deal. Either/Or with Lucic, your talking two players on far different levels with O'Reilly having a lot of catching up to do. 

Edited by DeLuca1967

Not even close. Stewart along with Ennis and even Kane are nowhere near Lucic as an impact player.

I know Lucic ran over Miller and the hearts of the fans, to say he would be about the same as Stewart or Ennis is better, come on. Put the hurt feelings aside. First Ennis and now Stewart? If people didn't want to have a serious conversation than just lock the thread, this is going beyond silly. 

As far as O'Reilly, not many players with any talent wouldn't come in and lead the Sabres. They just lost 120 game sin two years, it shouldn't be hard to lead in any category. If the conversation was just about O'Reilly? Sure I'd say make he deal. Either/Or with Lucic, your talking two players on far different levels with O'Reilly having a lot of catching up to do. 

You love your wings, don't you?   :P

Lucic makes the team tougher, no doubt, but does nothing to control the pace of the game. 

On a team that can't win a face-off, has no proven centers, can't control center ice, and has almost no puck pressure ..........you'd overpay for a guy that does none of those things. This team is two years away from being able to exploit an asset like Lucic. 

Edited by X. Benedict

I'm in the sign Lucic to a reasonable contract camp.  If nothing else it's basic math: addition (Buffalo) and subtraction (Boston).  Buffalo will be a bit tougher and Boston will be a bit softer.  If he wants outrageous money, then pass.

You love your wings, don't you?   :P

Lucic makes the team tougher, no doubt, but does nothing to control the pace of the game. 

On a team that can't win a face-off, has no proven centers, can't control center ice, and has almost no puck pressure ..........you'd overpay for a guy that does none of those things. This team is two years away from being able to exploit an asset like Lucic. 

The time line of two years is a reasonable point, the best made against the move so far. 

Think of this. opening night 2015 the starting lineup for the Buffalo Sabres is Gionta at right wing, Girgenssons at center Milan Lucic at left wing and the two kids on defense. That's an opening night starting lineup that erases the past two seasons.  

Fantastic typo.

I would think Lucic would be more popular here in Sabres Nation. Without him there is no tank and no "McEichel" in the Sabres future. He single handedly  destroyed Status Quo and sent Sabres on the path to what became the "tank." Every time "McEichel" scores fans should chant "Thank You Milan."  ;)

Your Milan Lucic erection would put Ron Jeremy to shame. 

Edited by LGR4GM

The time line of two years is a reasonable point, the best made against the move so far. 

Think of this. opening night 2015 the starting lineup for the Buffalo Sabres is Gionta at right wing, Girgenssons at center Milan Lucic at left wing and the two kids on defense. That's an opening night starting lineup that erases the past two seasons.  

Here let me make some more arguments against Lucic to help you...

He plays LW which we definitely are overloaded at.

He has scored less Goals Per Game than Kane, Ennis, Moulson in his career to date.  Considering the team Ennis has had the pleasure of playing on that tells me something.

His biggest asset is size/toughness, while the 2011 Sabres needed all that. The 2015 Sabres are big, mean and fast.  Toughness is not a problem for this team.  Did we see any team take advantage of us this year physically?  No.  Our defense is literally all strong physical guys and our forwards include players like Deslauriers, Kane, Zemgus, and Foligno.  Not to mention anyone else we might add to the right side in the offseason or in the future.  Bailey, Fasching, Baptiste are all physical players and 1 of them will be a Sabre in a couple years.  

His possession numbers suck.

Now I don't expect any one of these points to dissuade you from your current Rhetoric because you're in love.  Ironically you call out fans for not wanting Lucic because of the Miller incident.  Personally from my view you want him because of that.  You view this team as not having enough "toughness" and that is actually what you mean by "impact player".   Lucic is a good player but trading assets for stuff we already have, still makes 0 sense.

This fact filled public service announcement is brought to you by Knowledge © from the makers of Give-a-F##k ©. Knowledge ©, helping people waste their time in arguments since 1857 BCE.  Side effects of Knowledge © include frustration, head to desk banging, stroke, uncontrollable eye rolling, anxiety, rage quits, liquid diarrhea, and despite all your rage becoming a rat in a cage.  If you experience any of these systems please hug it out immediately. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.